What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great….we stand to have yet another wacko POS in Congress. 

He literally did a 180 to stick his head up Trump's colon to accomplish this. 

Politics is now about identity - what candidates say or do does not matter, especially for Republicans. Republicans could suddenly change their stance on Roe tomorrow and their voters would fall in line.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He literally did a 180 to stick his head up Trump's colon to accomplish this. 

Politics is now about identity - what candidates say or do does not matter, especially for Republicans. Republicans could suddenly change their stance on Roe tomorrow and their voters would fall in line.

It's definitely asymmetrical. It's nuts to me how seriously Democratic elected officials and administrations get scrutinized by the voting public and how much of a comparative pass Republicans get. Not that I like the two-party system at all but objectively there's a wide gulf there. 

Democrats need to be serious adults with thoughtful solutions for every issue imaginable who aren't afraid to buck their party for their constituents. Republicans need to tout their support of guns, the Bible, fetuses and the flag.; The discrepancy in quality of candidates is staggering. The GOP is spitting out Vance, Herschel Walker, Herbster the Pervert and Trump's Mini-Me/official Mickey Mouse arch-nemesis and is still stubbornly maintaining their stranglehold on power.

If that isn't an indictment on the system I'm not sure anything is.

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's definitely asymmetrical. It's nuts to me how seriously Democratic elected officials and administrations get scrutinized by the voting public and how much of a comparative pass Republicans get. Not that I like the two-party system at all but objectively there's a wide gulf there. 

Democrats need to be serious adults with thoughtful solutions for every issue imaginable who aren't afraid to buck their party for their constituents. Republicans need to tout their support of guns, the Bible, fetuses and the flag.; The discrepancy in quality of candidates is staggering. The GOP is spitting out Vance, Herschel Walker, Herbster the Pervert and Trump's Mini-Me/official Mickey Mouse arch-nemesis and is still stubbornly maintaining their stranglehold on power.

It is the power of propaganda. 

34 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

1. Democrats hold themselves to a higher standard and are quick to turn on their own if it's politically expedient. Example: The Cuomos and Franken.

2. You are right in many states, Nebraska included, actions and policy do not matter at all as long as you have an R by your name. This is why I advocate for every willing dem/independent to re-register republican to run for office, vote, and primary out the wack jobs. Because of gerrymandering the country will only keep drifting right if they dont.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It is the power of propaganda. 

It is, but don't give a pass to voters. It doesn't take more than half a dozen functioning brain cells to see through what a guy like JD Vance is doing in Ohio.

Voters need to hold their politicians to a higher standard. They get the politicians they deserve. 

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

It is, but don't give a pass to voters. It doesn't take more than half a dozen functioning brain cells to see through what a guy like JD Vance is doing in Ohio.

Voters need to hold their politicians to a higher standard. They get the politicians they deserve. 

Oh, no doubt. But that's a chicken/egg situation. Some people crave what right-wing media offers, so right-wing media offers more. As they become desensitized to that level of bulls#!ttery the media ramps it up. They feed off each other.

• Plus1 2