What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Politics is now about identity - what candidates say or do does not matter, especially for Republicans. 

Weird bc I thought they hated identity politics. 

Wait a second. They used to rant and sow anger/fear about identity politics, but they also used to do the same about things like sharia law. If the roe v wade leak is any indication, maybe these things they make big stinks about are... just because they're jealous and want those things for themselves? 

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The question is, does he really want to?

Maybe the Primary should be Mitt, Sasse, Trump, and DeSantis.  That should give every R a candidate of their liking to vote for and then we can see what shakes out.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe the Primary should be Mitt, Sasse, Trump, and DeSantis.  That should give every R a candidate of their liking to vote for and then we can see what shakes out.  

Primaries on the Republican side are essentially a race-to-the-bottom since only highly motivated voters turn out.

The winner will be whichever candidate is willing to go further than the other. Who has less shame between Trump and DeSantis?

Personally, I want Abbot to join. It would be entertaining to see the three of them out crazy the other. Sure, it's bad for the country but who cares. Might as well make the accelerated decline of America entertaining. 

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

As long as we have a drill sergeant with a mute button as the moderator.

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But…but….but….he’s making America great again. 

He is one that I can see being jettisoned by the party. He's chaos personified, and he doesn't know how to keep a lid on it.

There have been some crazy people in congress over the years, but most of them have the ability to ramp the crazy down. I don't think that's him, and I wouldn't be half surprised if some of these leaks are friendly fire. 

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, knapplc said:

He is one that I can see being jettisoned by the party. He's chaos personified, and he doesn't know how to keep a lid on it.

There have been some crazy people in congress over the years, but most of them have the ability to ramp the crazy down. I don't think that's him, and I wouldn't be half surprised if some of these leaks are friendly fire. 

he broke the first rule of the cocaine fueled orgy club and now it's time to pay the price.