What is the future of the Republican Party?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/20/politics/kfile-jr-majewski-secession-2020-election/index.html

Ohio Republican congressional candidate J.R. Majewski said in a livestream following the 2020 election that he thought every state won by former President Donald Trump should secede from the United States.

Majewski, who works in the nuclear industry and is an Air Force veteran, is already under scrutiny over his past promotion of the false QAnon conspiracy theory and his attendance at the January 6, 2020 "Stop the Steal" rally which preceded the Capitol riot. Majewski emerged victorious in a crowded Republican primary earlier this month and will face off against long-serving Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur in the newly drawn congressional district this November. The race is considered to be competitive and is likely to be a toss up.
"I was actually going to say," Majewski said in a video on the livestreaming app Periscope. "I didn't want to be a hype beast, but I've had it in my back pocket to say that every state that went red should secede from the United States.
"I don't think it sounds out there," he added. "Why should we go to this -- the left, they're f**king psychotic. I mean, it's not, it is not out there brother. I mean, in my opinion, they're beyond they're, they're -- it's irrational. They're way of life is just crazy. To me, secession is not out there. It's all about how you frame the dialogue though. You can't just, you know, obviously you're talking to me, different story, but the general population, you know, we have to break 'em in easy."

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Copied this from my other response to @RedDenver post in the other thread:

What kind of narcistic, self centered, idiotic, UN-Christlike theology is this?  As a Christian it is painful and embarrassing to watch.    This party (GOP) has become a party filled with people who cannot rationally think through the contradictions within the statements they make and the potential consequences of those statements.   With the 'Southern Strategy" that the GOP embarked on starting in the 1970s but esp since 1988 (Lee Atwater) I've become convinced that the old racist southern Democrat has now become the model of a 'good Republican".  The transfer of party membership has been completed in full.  That is why Reagan Republicans are no longer welcomed and respected in much of the party.  This is why Liz Cheney, Mitt and others like them are treated as traitors.  It is a shame and a tragedy.  Thank-you Trump.    

Let me add:  Today's GOP has become a very TOXIC mix of un-Christlike (thus unchristian) dominion Christian theology and very un-democratic, nationalistic fascism.  This toxic brew will one day lead to authoritarianism unless some real leaders take control of the party and lead it back to sanity. 

• Plus1 3
On 5/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, suh_fan93 said:

In today's crazy news aka What is the Future of the Republican Party.

Hit today with her 3rd ethics complaint while still facing 7 felonies.

Probably a good idea

What a list...

FTJCZmnVUAIyH1y?format=jpg&name=medium

Great job Republicans. :clap

• Thanks 1

I can’t believe I didn’t find this posted anywhere yet given this boards affinity with crazy Republicans…but maybe I missed it. This is Cawthorn calling on the Dark MAGA to rise up and take control. Maybe he thinks he is part of the First Order. :P He seems to have gotten more crazy as time goes on. I am both curious and hesitant to have him explain what he means. He sounds like a nut bag. I will ask my more conservative friends and see if anyone knows. The conspiracy theory nuts are always fascinating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/madison-cawthorn-dark-maga-right-scandal-primary-loss

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, nic said:

I can’t believe I didn’t find this posted anywhere yet given this boards affinity with crazy Republicans…but maybe I missed it. This is Cawthorn calling on the Dark MAGA to rise up and take control. Maybe he thinks he is part of the First Order. :P He seems to have gotten more crazy as time goes on. I am both curious and hesitant to have him explain what he means. He sounds like a nut bag. I will ask my more conservative friends and see if anyone knows. The conspiracy theory nuts are always fascinating.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/madison-cawthorn-dark-maga-right-scandal-primary-loss

At this point "crazy Republicans" is redundant.  It's not an affinity for them it's that we're awash in the bat-s#!t crazy.  If you have any takes from the Republicans that are reasonable please post.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

At this point "crazy Republicans" is redundant.  It's not an affinity for them it's that we're awash in the bat-s#!t crazy.  If you have any takes from the Republicans that are reasonable please post.

I very much doubt any explanation I get about “dark MAGA” is going to be reasonable. I suspect most have no idea why Cawthorn said it, but I have couple friends I might ask. 

• Plus1 1
On 5/20/2022 at 2:12 PM, TGHusker said:

Let them.

If they want to create a MAGAverse, so be it. We can build a wall to keep the feral Trumpers out. We can set up a repayment plan so Red states can pay back the federal dollars they've been leeching. We can fine them for every gun that is found illegally across the border. They can reimburse blue states for FEMA relief if they want to deny climate change. They can be ravaged by the next pandemic of they don't want lockdowns or vaccines. The voters in those states don't face real consequences (outside of being financially poor and having borderline 3rd world health outcomes) from their idiotic voting. Give them what they want. 

Consider that 9 of the 10 poorest states are Red, and 20 out of the poorest 25. Blue states are subsidizing their existence. So, by all means, secede. If they don't want the tyranny of the federal government, give them what they want. I don't want blue state tax dollars to subsidize them anymore.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, funhusker said:

Are these people really this f#&%ing dumb, or are they just trying to say things they think their voters want to hear?

Both. The problem is that there are wackos who then believe it’s their duty to carry these things out themselves. The politician then claims “I didn’t mean that literally “. 

Just like Jan 6th. 

• Haha 1