What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Mostly agree

By actually having good sane policy:dunno

I think you and most other Americans overestimate the ability of a president given our current political setup.  It's why midterms generally go the way they do.  Every POTUS gets (and accepts) too much praise when things go well and also takes too much blame for things not going well.  What really matters is congress, and specifically the Senate.  But, with the filibuster and no term limits in place, no meaningful legislation from either party is likely to get passed.  And who knows, maybe that's a good thing.  So as long as we don't get another Trump, I don't get overly concerned who the POTUS is--as their abilities are somewhat limited.  Just as long as they are a decent person, represent the country well and don't alienate us from the rest of the world--i.e. not Trump.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I voted my primary ballot today. Went with the Republican ballot as in CO you can’t vote both. Strictly voted against the crazy, so if any Repubs actually have a shot in the general at least it hopefully won’t be the worst ones. Honestly I still have conservative tendencies but even the milder candidates were some degree of bats#!t. Probably will be forced to vote for mostly dems in the general. Why can’t the Rs get their s#!t together and step off the crazy bus?

I agree and would also like the Ds get their s#!t together and realize that people getting motivated to get out and vote "not Trump" will only last so long.  Both parties need candidates that can win over moderates from the other party.  I'm getting tired of trying to decide which A-hole I dislike the least.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

So you don't know what DeSantis will do. He's just from the right party, so magically all things will be better. 

Generally the platforms are relatively the same within party candidates and with minor tweaks to plans and what each candidate prioritizes first.  You seriously can’t not know this.  I assume your just being obtuse for the sake of it.  

But how he governs Florida gives one a pretty good idea of how he approach a Presidency.  And that would be immensely better than Tour Dr Joe (or whoever actually pulls his strings in the background). 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I know the standards for this went out the window with our previous leadership, but my god, Georgia is down there eager to compete with the ball coach next door for the state with the stupidest senator.

In an interview Tuesday with the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show, Walker said Abrams should go live in another state ― saying she had 51 others from which to choose.

“If you don’t believe in the country, leave and go somewhere else,” he said. “If it’s the worst state, why are you here? Why don’t you leave ― go to another? There’s, what, 51 more other states that you can go to?”

“Herschel misspoke ― he obviously knows there are 50 states,” spokeswoman Mallory Blount told HuffPost.

Sure he does.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I know the standards for this went out the window with our previous leadership, but my god, Georgia is down there eager to compete with the ball coach next door for the state with the stupidest senator.

Sure he does.

This guy is going to win because he has an R next to his name. 

He's obviously extremely unequipped to handle the job. But Republican voters have absolutely no standards.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This spot has been running in Colorado prior to the primaries. (Sorry couldn’t find the video). But the gist is, the favored repub in the ad is disparaging his opponent because he supported a guy who “supported gun safety measures”. Let that sink in. Not because he supported gun control or any 2nd amendment stuff but because he supported a 2nd party who supported gun safety measures.

Shouldn’t every person who is not bats#!t crazy be in support of gun safety? I…just…

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They should privatize two or three percent of the payroll deduction for social security.   People would have more money at retirement. 

Eh.....I used to think this.  But, there is one hell of a lot of the population that just doesn't handle this well. Look at all the people who have 401Ks available to them their entire lives and still end up with very little at Retirement.

SS is supposed to be a safety net for people who retire and need at least some steady income.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Eh.....I used to think this.  But, there is one hell of a lot of the population that just doesn't handle this well. Look at all the people who have 401Ks available to them their entire lives and still end up with very little at Retirement.

SS is supposed to be a safety net for people who retire and need at least some steady income.

It’s because they don’t put money into their 401k.  People generally don’t manage their own 401k in a true investment sense.  As you know, They pick from a small list of investment options.  Returns are generally close to the S&P

Again, I’m not talking about all of SS but a smaller portion of it 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

“Drag shows in schools”???

I missed something!

sidenote:  I live in West Omaha and a “concerned” person posted on our neighborhood FB page that a restaurant in the area has drag shows during Sunday brunch.  The amount of comments underneath saying “thank you so much!  Can’t wait to go!”  Was pretty entertaining!  Per my wife.

• Fire 1