What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to hear from the people who agree that Trump attempted to overturn the election and that he claimed the election was fraudulent without evidence......but say Trump didn't mislead the public about the outcome of the election.

Actually, I think the fact the first two are the exact same percentage is telling.  To me, it says that the J6 committee has been able to cement this belief in people who aren't brainwashed by Trump.  The other 33% will never be convinced.  There is a hard line there that is going to be hard to move.

I just thought it interesting with the J6 hearing's not even being anywhere close to being over with yet.

• Plus1 1

I would be totally fine with an Amber Alert for school shootings but I guess I don't see how it would help anything.

This is not a stolen kid where people are on the look out for a black Honda Civic license plate "ILKEKID"

I guess I don't see how it helps.  Unless they are thinking it will help if the shooter gest out of the school?

I mean once it starts, you already know the location.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would be totally fine with an Amber Alert for school shootings but I guess I don't see how it would help anything.

This is not a stolen kid where people are on the look out for a black Honda Civic license plate "ILKEKID"

This is making me think of this

rvvb5ronyki21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

But yeah, I don't really understand how the Amber Alert helps

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Will it create a way to push notifications to peoples phones like the Amber Alert does?

Even if it does, how does that help stop a shooter? 

Unless they use it to inform people of a threat on the school to get out of there? :dunno 

9 minutes ago, GSG said:

Even if it does, how does that help stop a shooter? 

Unless they use it to inform people of a threat on the school to get out of there? :dunno 

So parents will have a chance to go save their kids since the police might not even bother trying.

• Plus1 7

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So parents will have a chance to go save their kids since the police might not even bother trying.

So this amber alert would go off on your phone and say something like "active shooter at John Cougar Melloncamp  Middle School"

At this point, the police already know because they send out the alreat, right?

Then the parent gets it, goes to the school, we assume the cops are there and we are assuming that the cops are just sort of standing around again, and then the parent runs into the school to go save their son, Jack and daughter, Diane.

I mean that sounds like a little ditty but I guess if it saves some lives that go for it.  

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm hoping that the Uvalde scenario won't happen again, but you're probably onto to something 

I just heard a story about Tucker Carlson devoting an entire show to promote how Viktor Orban took on the liberals haters and transformed Hungary into a model of Western conservatism. American conservatives were so impressed they recently held a CPAC conference in Budapest. 

Of course to get there, Orban rewrote the constitution to favor his party and ensure reelection, shut down opposition media and lavished loyalists, forced centrists out of the party, instilled Christian nationalism through blatant xenophopbia and racism, and blamed anything wrong with Hungary on fellow Hungarian George Soros.

The Future of the Republican Party is Hungary. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I just heard a story about Tucker Carlson devoting an entire show to promote how Viktor Orban took on the liberals haters and transformed Hungary into a model of Western conservatism. American conservatives were so impressed they recently held a CPAC conference in Budapest. 

Of course to get there, Orban rewrote the constitution to favor his party and ensure reelection, shut down opposition media and lavished loyalists, forced centrists out of the party, instilled Christian nationalism through blatant xenophopbia and racism, and blamed anything wrong with Hungary on fellow Hungarian George Soros.

The Future of the Republican Party is Hungary. 

When they accomplish their fever dream they'll form an alliance with other fascist regimes like Russia and usher in the new dark ages.  Great times ahead.