What is the future of the Republican Party?

45 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What you will find is pushback on how Republican candidates for Congress have politicized it into being a problem Democrats are responsible for, or how it is going to be floating around your neighborhood and practically bursting out of the walls to get our kids (spooky!) as NE-01's Mike Flood implied in the below tweet:

Those rascally Republicans! Sickening!

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The interesting part here is poster saying Republicans sensationalize the issue and that’s a problem while at the same time poster sensationalizes what a Republican actually said in a  tweet:dunno

If that's your takeaway on this, that's fine. 

But Republicans have politicized this issue to scare parents into thinking that a drug is going to find its way into your home and it's Bidens fault for doing so. If you want to vote for that, have at it. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You are correct Fentanyl is a scourge on society. I don't think you're going to find anybody who disagrees with you on this. 

What you will find is pushback on how Republican candidates for Congress have politicized it into being a problem Democrats are responsible for, or how it is going to be floating around your neighborhood and practically bursting out of the walls to get our kids (spooky!) as NE-01's Mike Flood implied in the below tweet:

Now you watch it buddy.

I’ve never known elected Republicans to lie to anyone or distort the truth in any way before. And I will not stand for slander of their good name, sir. 

They stand to gain absolutely nothing from keeping people terrified all of the time.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 5
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The interesting part here is poster saying Republicans sensationalize the issue and that’s a problem while at the same time poster sensationalizes what a Republican actually said in a  tweet:dunno

The interesting part is when Republicans say something pathetic over and over again as a group.....then there is pushback.....you blame the people pushing back.  Party politics is so fun...isn't it.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The interesting part is when Republicans say something pathetic over and over again as a group.....then there is pushback.....you blame the people pushing back.  Party politics is so fun...isn't it.

Did you not read the post where I agreed Republicans shouldn’t be saying the Halloween Candy/fentanyl junk???   Must have conveniently missed that.  Yep all that party politics and such :blink:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did you not read the post where I agreed Republicans shouldn’t be saying the Halloween Candy/fentanyl junk???   Must have conveniently missed that.  Yep all that party politics and such :blink:

OH....but another poster shouldn't push back against it and show specific republicans that are pathetic.  Got it.

• Plus1 6
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

All right, Huskerboardians, let's hear the grim death toll from your town.

How many children died overnight from candy-colored fentanyl? 

I died from candy-colored fentanyl.

But I quickly took a marijuana gummy bear from my kids' stash and got better. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OH....but another poster shouldn't push back against it and show specific republicans that are pathetic.  Got it.

Push back sure.  Do the same thing the poster whines about the Republicans doing.  Not so fine I guess, and deserves called out on it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh...I'm so interested in knowing how the IRS improves customer service with fewer employees.  This is pathetic Republican mantra.

I understand how this sounds good to voters, but it's just absurd.

There's no way you can A) reduce funding and downsize the IRS and B) make it work better for people. Pick one. Republicans care a lot more about A than B. They just pretend to also want B.

The reason it's been staffed up is  because it takes money and manpower to actually enforce tax law against tax cheats, who disproportionately skew wealthy and/or corporative. Republicans do not care about that and are willing to lie to people about it for votes.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Well this just stands to reason.

Look what horrifying effects the Devil's Lettuce is having on people!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4714fjoez1g65ktklbvw

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471zm8gokaafvproyyzw

Yup, it was kinda like this. Even did a jig with the ghost of Bob Devaney on the table until I was told it was just my shadow…

11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I understand how this sounds good to voters, but it's just absurd.

There's no way you can A) reduce funding and downsize the IRS and B) make it work better for people. Pick one. Republicans care a lot more about A than B. They just pretend to also want B.

The reason it's been staffed up is  because it takes money and manpower to actually enforce tax law against tax cheats, who disproportionately skew wealthy and/or corporative. Republicans do not care about that and are willing to lie to people about it for votes.

Exactly.  The IRS has been underfunded for a very long time.  They have antiquated technology and not enough staff. 

But, republicans pull this BS out.