What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Star of the GQP,  MTG comparing asylum seekers and those wishing to work with an invasion force of war criminals.  This is a healthy party.  No cancer whatsoever 

there are millions of people who come to america wanting to become americans.    no one goes to russia to become russians.   so putin invades his neighbors to make them russian whether they want to be or not.

I think if we scrolled through this thread we'd find multiple posts ensuring everyone that Marge Three Camel Toes is not in anyway part of the future of the Republican Party.  

Whelp

Regarding McCarthy, she told The New York Times that “to be the best Speaker of the House and to please the base, he’s going to give me a lot of power and a lot of leeway.” She even predicted Monday that she’d be on committees investigating “traitors and criminals.” McCarthy has said he plans to put Greene back on committees, with some of her Trumpworld allies reportedly urging the likely Speaker to give her a plum seat on the House Oversight Committee.

39 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I think if we scrolled through this thread we'd find multiple posts ensuring everyone that Marge Three Camel Toes is not in anyway part of the future of the Republican Party.  

Whelp

I think if we scrolled through this thread we’d find multiple posts ensuring everyone that MTG is not a leader of the Republican Party.

Welp, doesn’t look like anything’s changed.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, RedDenver said:

Do you continue to think MTG is not a future leader of the GOP?

Isn't she currently a leader of the GOP? 

I'd be hard pressed to find a Republican who has a bigger platform or more prominent position as a fundraiser attraction.

Her race in Georgia wasn't even close. Her voters won't care what committee she's on. The party has every opportunity to reign in the MTG rhetoric but she is far from alone: it's essentially the GOP baseline. And she's the media clip darling. 

I don't think there's a higher office waiting for MTG and there's a long slow stupid Sarah Palin descent in store, but this is her moment and she's a party leader. 

• TBH 5