What is the future of the Republican Party?

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

MTG

Gaetz

Jordan

Boebert

Graham

Has McCarthy said anything?

Rona McDaniel?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/we-asked-57-republican-lawmakers-if-they-condemn-trumps-dinner-with-fuentes-and-ye-heres-what-they-said

That was updated yesterday.  I think they have had time to respond.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

MTG

Gaetz

Jordan

Boebert

Graham

Has McCarthy said anything?

Rona McDaniel?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/we-asked-57-republican-lawmakers-if-they-condemn-trumps-dinner-with-fuentes-and-ye-heres-what-they-said

That was updated yesterday.  I think they have had time to respond.

Don’t know about the rights version of the squad of which I also don’t care what they say anyways, but the rest on your list have spoken out.  Maybe just not to PBS.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I keep trying to convince myself that years down the road, this disease that has infected the Republican Party will be gone and people will look back and realize that this crap is wrong and destructive. 

But, I’m losing hope.  I just don’t see how that’s going to happen because they don’t listen to anyone they disagree with because of fear.  

And, there will always be certain Republican politicians that feed off of it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I keep trying to convince myself that years down the road, this disease that has infected the Republican Party will be gone and people will look back and realize that this crap is wrong and destructive. 

But, I’m losing hope.  I just don’t see how that’s going to happen because they don’t listen to anyone they disagree with because of fear.  

And, there will always be certain Republican politicians that feed off of it.  

Yeah, the party who's majority just voted against the Respect for Marriage Act are the good guys! 

Let's be honest, you can't be evil towards gay people if you don't think they're people in the first place. 

But in all seriousness the Right is to far gone to be saved. Unfortunately polarization is getting worse.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

This creates a more radicalized, chaotic Republican Party regardless if McCarthy wins or loses. Either fall in line with the extremism or get shown the door just like Liz Cheney. Except McCarthy doesn't even sit in the same corner as Cheney, and it still wasn't enough to protect his seat at the table. He's in a lonely, no man's land. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nope, no cancer in the Republican Party.  None whatsoever :facepalm:

I know it triggers Republicans here when we post commentary like this.  Maybe there's a reason why.  Like they'd rather this thing creep up on us until it's too late.

• Plus1 1