What is the future of the Republican Party?

15 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

At this point we shouldn't try to save Republicans from themselves.

If we continually scream at them and tell them they're stupid for looking into the barrel of a shotgun to see what's in there, why are we so concerned if they do it over and over and over again. 

Because when they point it at their face we're standing next to them, and that s#!ts going to get all over us. Not to mention who's going to have to clean up the mess?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

yep, let them burn their own house down (ok after Jan 6 - they may take that statement too literally, but I digress).  We are about to see the full ugliness of MAGA mania over the next 2 years in the house.  Thank goodness, the Dems held the Senate.  I think we have to walk through this fire to get to the other side.   The Dems have got to come up with good candidates in 2024 to purge the house of some of these radicals -  Most of the worst came from heavy GOP districts so it won't be easy.  But if the 'red wave' wasn't there is 2022 maybe 2024 will reveal a blue wave.  In the meantime these nutballs will reveal who they really are - alt right, idiots & Putin/Trump lovers who have little to no understanding of the history of politics in the USA and the delicate balance of power needed to keep an democracy afloat.  

Speaking of Putin, someone I spoke to yesterday said that the "Deep State" Democrats have tried to take down 3 world pillars  - Trump, Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu, and the third being ..... wait for it... can you guess it......Putin. She said the war in Ukraine is the world deep state trying to remove Putin from power like Trump was removed and Netanyahu was removed.  Netanyahu is back and so will Trump be back and Putin will survive.     This is the mind of MEGA world and we are seeing it in the GOP lead House. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
47 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If we continually scream at them and tell them they're stupid for looking into the barrel of a shotgun to see what's in there, why are we so concerned if they do it over and over and over again. 

:yeah

I mean it’s going so swimmingly  with TFI admin in place.  Inflation running rampant, healthcare costs going crazy (thx Obama), retirement accounts getting beat to shreds, physics and math is now racist, top secret docs stored next a Corvette….and in a China funded office…..and in a desk in a private residence, over 2 million KNOWN illegals each year pouring into the country…which means there are 500,000-1,000,000 a year we don’t know about, but other than that it’s going great :lol:

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:yeah

I mean it’s going so swimmingly  with TFI admin in place.  Inflation running rampant, healthcare costs going crazy (thx Obama), retirement accounts getting beat to shreds, physics and math is now racist, top secret docs stored next a Corvette….and in a China funded office…..and in a desk in a private residence, over 2 million KNOWN illegals each year pouring into the country…which means there are 500,000-1,000,000 a year we don’t know about, but other than that it’s going great :lol:

Like I said, a complete lost cause. The issues the country faces are complex, and Republicans continuously display a complete lack of understanding these problems or even acknowledging their existence. 

Is inflation a uniquely American problem? No. In fact it's less of an issue here than in other advanced economies. But hey, I'm sure you're giving the Biden Administration credit for that record low unemployment.

Are rising healthcare costs the result of demographic shifts of a rapidly aging baby Boomer generation, something demographers have known and warned about for decades? No, if you ask a Republican brain, it's the result of Obamacare. Why let a nuanced understanding of the world inform your views when you can let Fox News dictate those views for you? 

Is this the first time in history the stock market is down? No. But hey, I'm sure Republicans genuinely care about the American people and wouldn't in any way jeopardize those 401k accounts by using political theater over the debt ceiling (again!).

It goes on and on. But hey, Conservatives have complained about education corrupting the youth since the 1950s so at least you're consistent on that one. 

PS - investigate Biden for mishandling documents. He should face punishment according to the law and regulations regarding them. There isn't a cult of personality around him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Because when they point it at their face we're standing next to them, and that s#!ts going to get all over us. Not to mention who's going to have to clean up the mess?

Let them deal with it. 

If Republicans don't want gubmint in their life, fine. Stop socializing agricultural and fossil fuel products and let the free market decide. I'm sure the residents of Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc. are prepared for this. Allow all red states to get federal funding equal to what is paid in, the shortfall can then be picked up by the citizens of those respective states.

If the citizens of Utah or the Southwest were concerned about the environmental collapse happening around them - like the Great Salt Lake drying up  or the water crisis in the Southwest - they wouldn't have voted for a President who's climate change policy was "its a hoax by China". They've had decades of warning and collectively shrugged. Let them deal with it, don't use my tax money to help them deal with their own problems. 

Republicans exist because their electorate do not actually pay for the consequences of their moronic policies because Democrats save them from themselves. I'm simply proposing that we unburden voters in those states from this perceived problem.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Like I said, a complete lost cause. The issues the country faces are complex, and Republicans continuously display a complete lack of understanding these problems or even acknowledging their existence. 

Oh, OK.  Thanks for the heads up.  :laughpound

16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Is inflation a uniquely American problem? No. In fact it's less of an issue here than in other advanced economies. But hey, I'm sure you're giving the Biden Administration credit for that record low unemployment.

Comparing inflation rates across other countries would require the poster to actually look up the main drivers of inflation in each specific country to understand they are not the same.  Maybe I should use the boards favorite, Nuance????   

Great job Joe for keeping unemployment a tick below the Trump admin.  

18 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Are rising healthcare costs the result of demographic shifts of a rapidly aging baby Boomer generation, something demographers have known and warned about for decades?

I am absolutely, positively, quite certain that Obama promised over $2,000 a year in premium cost savings for a family.  Is this a new phenomenon you speak of or did Obama not know about this thing called aging?

20 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Is this the first time in history the stock market is down? No. But hey, I'm sure Republicans genuinely care about the American people and wouldn't in any way jeopardize those 401k accounts by using political theater over the debt ceiling (again!).

Any idea why the debt ceiling is going to hit months and months before it was projected to hit?   Those pesky interest rates that no one thought of are really hammering the debt bubble both parties have created.   Fun fact for you to research….check out how much of the yearly budget goes to debt service alone.   Then come back on here and tell me debt doesn’t matter. 

23 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It goes on and on. But hey, Conservatives have complained about education corrupting the youth since the 1950s so at least you're consistent on that one. 

Source? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If Republicans don't want gubmint in their life, fine. Stop socializing agricultural and fossil fuel products and let the free market decide. I'm sure the residents of Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc. are prepared for this. Allow all red states to get federal funding equal to what is paid in, the shortfall can then be picked up by the citizens of those respective states.

I don’t think this will work out the way you think it would:lol:

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm old enough to remember when we were assured that MTG wasn't the future of the GOP.

OMG, can’t believe I missed her being voted Speaker of the House, er……I mean Whip, er…..I mean committee chair, er…..actually I mean RNC chair, er……oh hell never mind.  

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

OMG, can’t believe I missed her being voted Speaker of the House, er……I mean Whip, er…..I mean committee chair, er…..actually I mean RNC chair, er……oh hell never mind.  

Yeah, she didn't just get a committee promotion or anything... wait

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1