What is the future of the Republican Party?

I think Archy's point is that libs and Dems and never-Trumpers have gotten a bit melodramatic about the 2020 mischief and the handful of rascals who still promote the Big Lie to a willing media.

But I"m afraid I gotta double down. This is very similar to how the Nazi's came to power in mid-1930s Germany, mirroring Archy's assurance that the conservative party has its extremists under control.  

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-01-16/donald-trump-insurrection-capitol-beer-hall-putsch?fbclid=IwAR00r3qzXmuO97rIkyUi9fVXNz-FellOyfVQkeQYBJzEwq04EABqhcbWkJs

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know Republicans aren't keen on knowing history, but McCarthy would do well to read up on what led to the end of Boehner's speakership.

As much as I detest Pelosi it's amazing that she was able to keep her party in line for so long, and the GOP has had a revolving door of speakers in that time.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think Archy's point is that libs and Dems and never-Trumpers have gotten a bit melodramatic about the 2020 mischief and the handful of rascals who still promote the Big Lie to a willing media.

But I"m afraid I gotta double down. This is very similar to how the Nazi's came to power in mid-1930s Germany, mirroring Archy's assurance that the conservative party has its extremists under control.  

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-01-16/donald-trump-insurrection-capitol-beer-hall-putsch?fbclid=IwAR00r3qzXmuO97rIkyUi9fVXNz-FellOyfVQkeQYBJzEwq04EABqhcbWkJs

I’m 100% confident we don’t have to worry about a nazi germany thing  in our lifetimes.  Again, I will let you all do the freaking out about it.   

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If there are nazi’s elected, I will be right there with you protesting  

Dude, they were already elected.

You didn't think they would actually put "Nazi Party" next to their name, did you?

Oh s#!t. This is gonna be another semantics debate, isn't it. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Dude, they were already elected.

You didn't think they would actually put "Nazi Party" next to their name, did you?

Oh s#!t. This is gonna be another semantics debate, isn't it. 

Ya it is if you are gonna compare the GOP to the nazi Germany party.  I probably won’t even discuss how terrible of a comparison that even is.  I’ll just leave it to you and the others to have that “discussion”

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1