What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I literally posted that same data:dunno

1) Florida didn’t kill any of its citizens unless it was a death penalty case not did any other State.  
2) Do you understand how demographics work and confounding risk factors play a role in a death rate for certain disease? 
3) Do you know the vaccination rate of Florida seniors compared to the national average? 

So again, what variables do you DISAGREE with.  You’ve just stated the ones you agreed with.  Thanks and looking forward to the reply. 

In relation to the Florida election law, those would be….

And there it is.....just as predicted.  I don't DISAGREE with any variables. I DISAGREE with your weak attempt at using variables to drive your narrative  I actually used the one variable you used to excuse Desantis' Covid record, that being his state's population age.  I compared other states with a similar demographic.  His record fell flat.  It's right there in the data but you'll gloss right over it as predicted.

So we've reached the stage that everyone reaches when dealing with @Archy1221.  The stage where he'll continue to blather incoherently and move the goal posts even though the other party has moved on to other things in life.  Like work.    

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I actually used the one variable you used to excuse Desantis' Covid record, that being his state's population age.

Well, actually there were many variables presented and three different sources..

Heres one more for you that presents some, dare I say nuance, to the discussion.   it was supposed to be on the original post but I see it didn’t take.  

https://news.bloombergtax.com/tax-insights-and-commentary/california-versus-florida-a-covid-reckoning-justin-fox

• Plus1 2

Rittenhouse - is a cult member darling.  Around a million followers on Twitter - for shooting people.  Tells you the mindset of so many in the Trump circle.  

https://www.rawstory.com/wrongful-lawsuit-against-rittenhouse-and-police-upheld/?traffic_source=Connatix

Kyle Rittenhouse, who skyrocketed to fame in right-wing circles after shooting and killing two protesters during a social rights march in 2020, is now facing a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the victim's father, according to PBS.

The lawsuit was filed by John Huber, the father of one of the two victims, and also includes city officials and police officers. U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman dismissed motions from the city officials, police officers and Rittenhouse to dismiss the civil rights case in its entirety.

Huber's lawsuit states that Rittenhouse conspired with police officers to intentionally cause harm to the protesters who were marching in reaction to the shooting of Jacob Blake, who was injured by a Wisconsin police officer.

Rittenhouse, an Illinois resident, drove to the demonstrations in Wisconsin and was a minor at age 17 at the time

In the ruling Adelman said Huber's death "could plausibly be regarded as having been proximately caused by the actions of the government defendants. Huber was killed after Rittenhouse was running after he shot and killed his first victim in the parking lot of a car dealership and Huber hit Rittenhouse with a skateboard to disarm him. After falling to the ground Rittenhouse fatally shot Huber and wounded another protester Gaige Grosskreutz, who also has filed a civil lawsuit against Rittenhouse.

Huber's lawyers and private investigators needed over 100 hours to locate Rittenhouse to serve him with the civil lawsuit paperwork, eventually serving him at his sister's house. Rittenhouse's lawyers tried to argue the case should be dismissed because he was not properly served. The judge dismissed that claim.

Rittenhouse has become a popular Republican right-wing speaker at public events and has nearly 1 million followers on Twitter.

People trying to push a bunk narrative during this time is pretty crazy and telling….

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/02/1153905244/texas-ice-storm-power-outage

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/03/austin-power-outages/

This week’s ice storm brought hundreds of thousands of outages in Texas thanks to falling trees or ice accumulating on power lines, rather than grid issues like in 2021’s massive storm

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

People trying to push a bunk narrative during this time is pretty crazy and telling….

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/02/1153905244/texas-ice-storm-power-outage

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/03/austin-power-outages/

This week’s ice storm brought hundreds of thousands of outages in Texas thanks to falling trees or ice accumulating on power lines, rather than grid issues like in 2021’s massive storm

Yet somehow the rest of the country isn't having these issues every single year.

• Thanks 3
  • TBH 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

Yet somehow the rest of the country isn't having these issues every single year.

Every state that has ice storms and has an above ground power structure/lines has these issues every ice storm :facepalm:

Power goes out in certain areas every winter in KC when a winter storm goes through.  

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Every state that has ice storms and has an above ground power structure/lines has these issues every ice storm :facepalm:

Power goes out in certain areas every winter in KC when a winter storm goes through.  

If there are other areas that repeatedly have power outages in which people die, then those areas deserve the same criticism as Texas. Texas isn't suddenly off the hook because other places suck too. However, Texas has had this happen on a major scale 3 years in a row now, which I haven't seen in other states, so more criticism than other places is warranted.

But we all know you want to turn a blind eye to what's happening in  Texas because of the political party in charge there.

• Thanks 2