What is the future of the Republican Party?

32 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Checkmate.  POTUS playing chess while MAGA kicks over their checkers board 

Everybody's missing the zinger "I enjoy conversion!" OMG I don't even care if that wasn't the word he meant, that's a hell of a clap back.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

29 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Checkmate.  POTUS playing chess while MAGA kicks over their checkers board 

That was absolutely fantastic. Of course they're lying, but at least President Biden got the buffoons to publicly promise, on tape, not to cut those programs.

• Plus1 1

Liars accusing President Biden of lying. Gotta love it.

They're going to gut Medicare, or at least try. 

From Scott's site:

• Force Congress to issue a report every year telling the public what they plan to do when Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt.

Uh... how about you fund it, dork? Maybe by taxing the rich, who lined their pockets during the Pandemic while Orange Man Bad was in the White House.

Louts, all of them. To think this is what America has sunk to. Thanks, Republicans, for voting these buffoons into office - and reelecting them, like Boebert.

At least the louts are easily skewered by a masterful politician. 

The GOP keeps it classy

Here’s David Frum, in the Atlantic:

The speech was strewn with traps carefully constructed to ensnare opponents. He opened with a tribute to bipartisanship, but the mechanics of his address were based on shrewd and unapologetic hyper-partisanship. He anticipated negative reactions in the chamber—and used them to reinforce his message.

Rex Huppke in USA Today:

I’ve never seen anything like it in a State of the Union speech – they ran at him like a pack of lemmings and, with a wink and a grin, he politely directed them to the cliff.

The face of today's Republican party. 

74bc4f22-de11-4869-aafa-8a3b792a6ce6_508

And people wonder why we left this s#!tshow.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Louts, all of them. To think this is what America has sunk to. Thanks, Republicans, for voting these buffoons into office - and reelecting them, like Boebert.

At least the louts are easily skewered by a masterful politician. 

The GOP keeps it classy

The face of today's Republican party. 

74bc4f22-de11-4869-aafa-8a3b792a6ce6_508

And people wonder why we left this s#!tshow.

Is that a picture book or does it have color by numbers in it?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Can people have a change of opinion?

Sure....he was wrong back then.  Problem for Republicans is, that's been almost 30 years ago.  Certain Republicans have called for totally getting rid of SS Medicare and Medicaid within the last 12 months.

So....pardon me if I work with the recent problem.

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure....he was wrong back then.  Problem for Republicans is, that's been almost 30 years ago.  Certain Republicans have called for totally getting rid of SS Medicare and Medicaid within the last 12 months.

Not only is that a demonstrably false lie in the tweet, but the evidence making it a lie has been posted as recently as this morning.

• Haha 1

Social Security is never going away.

Oil is also not going away in a decade.

And we are not changing to the metric system.

And teachers are not getting fat raises (Sadly) but I don't know what is more annoying, the dorks in congress that won't fight for teacher raises or the dorks in congress that call us "hero's" and still don't fight for our raises.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And they are f#&%ing morons.  

I have a retired friend, his income is only his social security, I think he said it is like 2,200 a month.  That is all he has to live on each month since he no longer works a part time job.  

Taking that away from people is sick.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1