What is the future of the Republican Party?

41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

MTG should be expelled from Congress for that comment IMO.  

On a different note.  I would love to see politicians from both sides advocate for a more decentralized Government from DC.   Not all of these Gov departments need to be located in DC given our technological advances.   Get more of the Government agencies out to a wider swath of the people.  Break up the DC stranglehold on the political structure. 

What do you mean by this?

There are regional offices of the federal government all over the place.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, commando said:

jefferson davis would like her

It's pretty hilarious. But look, let's not burden Red states with traitorous programs they don't like. 

If they want to cut their citizens out of Medicare, social security, the subsidizing of their agricultural economies or any number of things... let them. We can have a national divorce or just let Red States opt out of receiving Federal Money. They already cost more than they pay, so it's a win-win for all involved.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What do you mean by this?

There are regional offices of the federal government all over the place.

Most Department of …….HQ’s are located in DC.  The people who runs those agencies are DC based.  Getting those people outside DC instead of being inside the Beltway would be a good thing for better representation of the people. 

What you are talking about is like saying the power structure of Merrill Lynch is not in  NY because they have Regional offices.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Most Department of …….HQ’s are located in DC.  The people who runs those agencies are DC based.  Getting those people outside DC instead of being inside the Beltway would be a good thing for better representation of the people. 

What you are talking about is like saying the power structure of Merrill Lynch is not in  NY because they have Regional offices.  

And people have access to Merrill Lynch here and have the same ability to invest as folks in NY.

I agree that with todays technology offices could be anywhere.  If it saves money, move them.  If it doesn’t, stay in DC.

The Dept of defense will be the same, even if headquartered in Lincoln ne.

I guess to me it just makes more sense to have these offices where our Reps are.  They could meet with multiple people from multiple departments in a matter of hours.  If the DoD was in NE, it isn’t really easy for a Rep from FL to swing out and get information for a hearing.  I can only guess travel expenses would be outrageous any time hearings were held.  Maybe less hearings would be a good thing.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2