What is the future of the Republican Party?

10 minutes ago, commando said:

"i admire the way you use your power to force people to say they like you."    over and over again until the 500 words have been reached.  

I'd say something like "I admire your ability to not lose sleep over your decisions. If I were to take the same position as you, I would lose sleep from just the guilt."

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Shouldn’t the RNC be clowns and sue the business like the clowns that sued bakers and florists that didn’t serve them in the past?   Seems like thems the rules. 

Lucky we're all intelligent enough to know that's not the rules.

Only people with a severe conservative victim complex would equate a floral company denying service to a Republican fundraising event to a baker being sued for not wanting to serve gay couples. But, we don't know anybody like that, do we?

• Plus1 7
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Only people with a severe conservative victim complex would equate a floral company denying service to a Republican fundraising event to a baker being sued for not wanting to serve gay couples. But, we don't know anybody like that, do we?

Actually they are the rules as both services are being denied based off of a belief.  Sorry you aren’t seeing that.  

But hey, as long as you get your attacking the poster comments in, all is good it seems:thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

if i recall correctly...there were state laws that specifically said you can't discriminate against gay people in those cases.    to be comparable wouldn't there need to be a state law that says it's illegal to discriminate against a political party?

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Actually they are the rules as both services are being denied based off of a belief.  Sorry you aren’t seeing that.  

But hey, as long as you get your attacking the poster comments in, all is good it seems:thumbs

That's not the "rules" according to Tennessee state laws on public accommodation. :thumbs By and large, sexual orientation is a far more protected class at the state and federal level than political affiliation is. Not all beliefs are created equal.

But, it's easier to make conservatives into victims than it is to talk about the underlying reason why the floral company did what they did.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2