What is the future of the Republican Party?

22 minutes ago, Enhance said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

That's not the "rules" according to Tennessee state laws on public accommodation. :thumbs By and large, sexual orientation is a far more protected class at the state and federal level than political affiliation is. Not all beliefs are created equal.

The Colorado baker won his case despite all the faux rage.  Sounds like a similar outcome to what would happen in Tennessee if a case was brought forth:dunno

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The Colorado baker won his case despite all the faux rage.  Sounds like a similar outcome to what would happen in Tennessee if a case was brought forth:dunno

Colorado has a public accommodation law banning discrimination based on sexual orientation. The baker won on religious grounds.

Tennessee has no public accommodation law banning discrimination based on political affiliation or political beliefs. So, the question becomes what "rule" or law the floral company allegedly violated.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Colorado has a public accommodation law banning discrimination based on sexual orientation. The baker won on religious grounds.

Tennessee has no public accommodation law banning discrimination based on political affiliation or political beliefs. So, the question becomes what "rule" or law the floral company allegedly violated.

The Colorado law didn’t apply based on the bakers religious beliefs.   Just as a Tennessee law wouldn’t apply if a case against the florist came through.  Both would/are frivolous lawsuits.  Exactly as my original post says but for some reason you are trying to obfuscate the issue even though you agree.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

The Colorado law didn’t apply based on the bakers religious beliefs.   Just as a Tennessee law wouldn’t apply if a case against the florist came through.  Both would/are frivolous lawsuits.  Exactly as my original post says but for some reason you are trying to obfuscate the issue even though you agree.  

Colorado actually had a law in that case, and Tennessee does NOT have a law against the thing you’re alleging was an injustice.

:confucius

Are my posts translating into Dutch or something here? Can anyone confirm?

• Plus1 3
26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Colorado actually had a law in that case, and Tennessee does NOT have a law against the thing you’re alleging was an injustice.

you could try translating it to MAGA

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
36 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Can confirm, freaky deaky Dutch…. Archy probably.:lol:

I don’t get his confusion or inability to see that in one case there was a law against discrimination based on sexual orientation and in the orher there are no remotely similar laws against discriminating (if that’s what we want to call it) on political grounds.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Can confirm, freaky deaky Dutch…. Archy probably.:lol:

I don’t get his confusion or inability to see that in one case there was a law against discrimination based on sexual orientation and in the orher there are no remotely similar laws against discriminating (if that’s what we want to call it) on political grounds.

i am going to guess that there is a big cancel culture going on against that business....if the local redhats buy flowers that is.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I’m starting to wonder if you aren’t reading the English I write or if you are just being intentionally difficult.   

Im not alleging an injustice, I’m actually making fun of the ridiculous CO lawsuit and called a potential Tennessee one clownish.  They would be the same frivolous dumb court draining BS.    New Rules, thems the rules,etc….ever heard of Bill Mahar??

Good grief :facepalm:

• Plus1 1