What is the future of the Republican Party?

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sure what you mean.   What is the standard for a Gov to call when a kid gets tragically hurt?   Does he call all of them? Just the gun shot wounded? Just a certain race?  DUI crash victims?   Failed suicide attempts?   What’s the cutoff?   

It’s a quite silly gripe from the OP.  

You’re not sure what I meant?

You make a deal about a random twitter guy making a comparison about POTUS calling the victim and the governor of his state not calling. Maybe just be happy somebody did call, that somebody being someone who is a much busier person than the governor of the state it occurred in.

I would say the bigger picture to be concerned about is an innocent kid who got shot simply because he was the wrong color and rang the wrong doorbell.

The point is not and should not be about a governor calling or not calling every shooting victim. That is what you chose to be more concerned about than a racist shooting that shouldn’t be considered as just another shooting.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You make a deal about a random twitter guy making a comparison about POTUS calling the victim and the governor of his state not calling.

I pointed it out, (Not make a big deal unless you believe every post on HB is now considered a big deal) because it isn’t just “a random twitter guy”, it’s a guy used multiple times as a source who is only making the post as a political statement on the situation.   He didn’t make that same post in regards to the cheerleader shooting story that had just happened though. 

I would say the bigger picture to be concerned about is an innocent kid who got shot simply because he was the wrong color and rang the wrong doorbell.

Maybe tell that to the OP who was more concerned with who was calling who.

The point is not and should not be about a governor calling or not calling every shooting victim. That is what you chose to be more concerned about than a racist shooting that shouldn’t be considered as just another shooting.

Sorry but I guess I don’t think ANY kid shooting is just another shooting.   Regardless of race.  

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You mean like last time he ran? 

The electoral environment is different than a decade ago. The GOP has a greater electoral college advantage with realistic chances of winning Wisconsin, Pennsylvania while simultaneously making former swing states like Iowa, Ohio and Florida reliably Republican. 

But I genuinely thank Trumpy voters like yourself for setting the GOP on an unrecoverable path because of the abysmal policy/culture war stances they have to take. Since you seem to genuinely not understand that you'd win nominating normal people, the electoral success of Democrats hinges on your continued embrace of bad candidates. Thank you. 

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I assume you will be supporting Tim Scott as the Republican can disarm if he announces then?  Since your a Romney supporter 

Is he an election denier? Does he pick fights with children's entertainment companies in order to win over voters in an effort to race-to-the-bottom faster than other candidates? You know me, the less policy and the more culture war nonsense the better!

• Thanks 3
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I pointed it out, (Not make a big deal unless you believe every post on HB is now considered a big deal) because it isn’t just “a random twitter guy”, it’s a guy used multiple times as a source who is only making the post as a political statement on the situation.   He didn’t make that same post in regards to the cheerleader shooting story that had just happened though. 

Maybe tell that to the OP who was more concerned with who was calling who.

Sorry but I guess I don’t think ANY kid shooting is just another shooting.   Regardless of race.  

I expect random political twitter posters to be very partisan and to constantly push an agenda one way or the other. And I expect HB posters usually respond and post things that they deem important to them.

It’s a futile and never ending effort if this forum is used to call out rando twitter folks. But it’s a good excuse I guess when it’s convenient to say that is why you made a certain post.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Since you seem to genuinely not understand that you'd win nominating normal people, the electoral success of Democrats hinges on your continued embrace of bad candidates. Thank you. 

Well since you brought up WI and PA, the only GOP candidate to win those states recently was the unhinged one:dunno  Romney couldn’t even win his home state.  

And PA is getting to be a pipe dream based off the Philly machine that is insurmountable just about every cycle. 

• Plus1 1