What is the future of the Republican Party?

17 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I mean, I can see burying your head in the sand and hoping the issue goes away. I can see making tone deaf pronouncements, or DefenderAO style excuses. But given all the things a legislature should be doing, taking the time and effort to f#&%ing LOWER the age of gun ownership just confirms we are in 100% Culture War mode. 

• TBH 5

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Is he okay with those 18 year olds not drinking at the bar when they are home on leave after killing enemy troops?

And why is it always 18-20 yo military as the example?

We just raised the age to 21 in Colorado and there are exceptions, among others, for those in the military. All these politicians do is pander, deceive and lie. Whatever it takes to satisfy or dupe their idiot cult members.

• TBH 6
27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And why is it always 18-20 yo military as the example?

We just raised the age to 21 in Colorado and there are exceptions, among others, for those in the military. All these politicians do is pander, deceive and lie. Whatever it takes to satisfy or dupe their idiot cult members.

21 seems like a sensible compromise law for long guns like the AR (I would even prefer the age to be 25 like a car rental is in many cases).   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1