What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Let's walk through this slowly and simply, just one last time.

Liz Cheney will still be able to vote. 

No Democrat supports her voting record. They've actually pointed out the discrepancy.

But Liz Cheney has asked the Republicans to choose between their conservative ideology and a slavish devotion to Trump.

Everything she advocates matches what Archy 1221 says he wants the Republican Party to do moving forward.  

And yet when given the choice, Archy 1221 joins the crowd in knee-capping Cheney and pretending the Trump takeover of the party is no big deal. 

Of course you'd prefer that Donald Trump just fade away and not cause problems. But clearly that's not happening. 

All of this confirms that thoughtful Republicans are afraid to speak out against their lunatic fringe, from leadership on down to state elections and voter suppression efforts.

Many people find this increasingly creepy.  

Pick a lane. 

One last time for the slow people in the crowd super concerned about lanes.  

Liz Cheney is no longer in a party leadership position because she couldn’t find the time to advocate for Republican positions.  Instead she spent her time on the Trump personality thing and not moving past the election from February on to the present.  She was no longer a public advocate for policies/agenda and instead an anti-Trump media personality.  

Trump the personality will slowly fade away.  Hopefully the policies don’t.  

Good luck with your continued Liz Cheney love fest.   She’s getting more pub the last two months than she has in 10 years.  Things are working out well for her.  Heck, it’s working out for the Democrat party to.  They have all the power yet all anyone wants to talk about is is Republican infighting.  So goes the media and Anti-Trumpers. It’s all about principal for them until it’s not!  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Liz Cheney is no longer in a party leadership position because she couldn’t find the time to advocate for Republican positions.  Instead she spent her time on the Trump personality thing and not moving past the election from February on to the present.  She was no longer a public advocate for policies/agenda and instead an anti-Trump media personality.  

Good luck with your continued Liz Cheney love fest.   She’s getting more pub the last two months than she has in 10 years.  Things are working out well for her.  Heck, it’s working out for the Democrat party to.  They have all the power yet all anyone wants to talk about is is Republican infighting.  So goes the media and Anti-Trumpers. It’s all about principal for them until it’s not!  

BS....She was being one of the only leaders in the bunch.  

Other leaders wanted her to bow to Trump and not get in his way of promoting lies. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Of course you'd like to move on from the events of January 6th. You're trying to run cover for your brethren.  Directly from the Trumpist playbook.  Most Americans who are concerned about the protection of the Constitution, the rule of law, and our democratic way of life would like to see justice served on any and all who participated in the seditious events we all witnessed.  

• Plus1 4
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

when does it become about principle for you?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Of course you'd like to move on from the events of January 6th. You're trying to run cover for your brethren.  Directly from the Trumpist playbook.  Most Americans who are concerned about the protection of the Constitution, the rule of law, and our democratic way of life would like to see justice served on any and all who participated in the seditious events we all witnessed.  

Trials are ongoing 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I keep asking you to pick a lane, but you've made it clear that you already have.

My bad. 

You back at it with the lane stuff.  

In the interest of you not being able to understand things well, how about we compromise.   Liz has my unwavering Support for the 2048 Presidential election.  You can love her dearly up to that point then I will take the love fest over!  

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You back at it with the lane stuff.  

In the interest of you not being able to understand things well, how about we compromise.   Liz has my unwavering Support for the 2048 Presidential election.  You can love her dearly up to that point then I will take the love fest over!  

And you back with the lovefest stuff.  Pretty sure you've stopped reading the actual posts. I couldn't be more clear about my lack of love for Liz Cheney.

fwiw....you're doing a bang-up job of answering the questions that nobody is asking. 

But I'll play along: what is it about 81 year old LIz Cheney that will make her even more loveable, and why are you so devoted that you'll wait that long for her? 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And you back with the lovefest stuff.  Pretty sure you've stopped reading the actual posts. I couldn't be more clear about my lack of love for Liz Cheney.

fwiw....you're doing a bang-up job of answering the questions that nobody is asking. 

But I'll play along: what is it about 81 year old LIz Cheney that will make her even more loveable, and why are you so devoted that you'll wait that long for her? 

It will probably take her that long to get over her butt hurt from being booted from leadership and her anti Trump infatuation and get back to messaging GOP priorities.  She might also become more like able.  

but it’s also a big compromise on my part for the Liz fan clubbers.  I’m extending an olive branch.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It will probably take her that long to get over her butt hurt from being booted from leadership and her anti Trump infatuation and get back to messaging GOP priorities.  She might also become more like able.  

but it’s also a big compromise on my part for the Liz fan clubbers.  I’m extending an olive branch.  

I take it being anti Trump is a bad thing in your mind.  He is the leader of they party.  So, why wouldn't she be able to vocalize her displeasure with his infatuation with the Big Lie?

• Plus1 2