What is the future of the Republican Party?

On 9/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, DevoHusker said:

i remember when walsh  said that he was grabbing his musket if trump didn't win in 2016.   while i am glad he now realizes how bad trump was for the country...i can't forgive him for promoting violence if trump lost.   same goes for some of  these conservative warriors populating congress now.  

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, commando said:

i remember when walsh  said that he was grabbing his musket if trump didn't win in 2016.   while i am glad he now realizes how bad trump was for the country...i can't forgive him for promoting violence if trump lost.   same goes for some of  these conservative warriors populating congress now.  

Hyperbole and rhetoric. Like most politicians.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/politics/joe-walsh-donald-trump-protest-tweet/index.html 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That could be an interesting race.  He did well in his Senste run.  

I bet he wins this time around.  His decision to run for president was way premature but as he showed against Cruz, he knows how to get the vote out.  I think there will be a backlash against Abbott for some of his recent decisions. 

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I bet he wins this time around.  His decision to run for president was way premature but as he showed against Cruz, he knows how to get the vote out.  I think there will be a backlash against Abbott for some of his recent decisions. 

No he won't. 

There is a little backlash.  Gosh, I wonder from who?! 

I don't mind the Californian's migrating to Texas every year.  Or the liberal people from other places.  We okay with it.

But don't come here, and try changing Texas into the place you fled from.

Which is what the liberal out-of-state dems are trying to do.

They can always go back home instead :)

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, admo said:

No he won't. 

There is a little backlash.  Gosh, I wonder from who?! 

I don't mind the Californian's migrating to Texas every year.  Or the liberal people from other places.  We okay with it.

But don't come here, and try changing Texas into the place you fled from.

Which is what the liberal out-of-state dems are trying to do.

They can always go back home instead :)

Note. I don’t want him to be Texas governor as I think Beto is pretty shallow. I just think he will be the media darling and get free help that puts him over the top

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Note. I don’t want him to be Texas governor as I think Beto is pretty shallow. I just think he will be the media darling and get free help that puts him over the top

Ok, gotcha.

Lot's of Beto bumper stickers just for the record.  It's ridiculous lol.

50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

.....Thread......

He's correct about a lot of this. 

The other accelerating factor is the GOP has essentially won the game of politics. They've managed to get themselves in position to stay in power despite losing the popular vote. 

It's going to be next to impossible to counter. There aren't enough votes for a Democrat candidate to win a popular vote by 5-6%, the amount likely needed to win majorities in the House and Senate in the 2024 election cycle and beyond.

It's over for them. 

• Plus1 2