What is the future of the Republican Party?

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I thought you engaged in honest conversation. This is both an obvious deflection and total bulls#!t. Congrats on dredging the bottom of the barrel, I suppose.

I do engage in honest conversations. Do you not feel that cops are just as culpable as criminals for the current state of crime? Your literally hundreds of posts in another thread suggest otherwise.

If I have misunderstood your stance, I apologize.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I do engage in honest conversations. Do you not feel that cops are just as culpable as criminals for the current state of crime? Your literally hundreds of posts in another thread suggest otherwise.

Stop digging.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You do misunderstand my stance. I think cops and policing are a necessary part of society, but also that power corrupts, cops are human beings, and police need to be held to account for the deeds they've done. IMO our current setup in the US allows cops to get away with terrible things, and that needs to be corrected. But first people need to understand that the cops are indeed actually doing these things as there's a lot of denial that cops would do such things, which is a large part of why I post in that thread. It's definitely not 100/0 or 50/50 or 0/100 as you put it in the post I responded to, but some mix that's going to vary by region and over time and by each cop and each incident.

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

You do misunderstand my stance. I think cops and policing are a necessary part of society, but also that power corrupts, cops are human beings, and police need to be held to account for the deeds they've done. IMO our current setup in the US allows cops to get away with terrible things, and that needs to be corrected. But first people need to understand that the cops are indeed actually doing these things as there's a lot of denial that cops would do such things, which is a large part of why I post in that thread. It's definitely not 100/0 or 50/50 or 0/100 as you put it in the post I responded to, but some mix that's going to vary by region and over time and by each cop and each incident.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's like saying the current state of crime in America is caused both by the criminals and the cops. 

One is acting, the other is reacting. It's not 100%/0%, but it's certainly not 50/50.

Are you claiming Republicans and Democrats are like criminals and cops?

I would have to disagree.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You cannot be serious. Please tell me that was a joke. 

So, Democrats are respectable law enforcement officers just doing their jobs to protect the citizens from those evil Republican criminals.

Please tell me you're not serious. Please tell me that's a joke.

Right now, the Republicans are definitely the worst of the bunch.  But, this is just a bad analogy.  

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Democrats are respectable law enforcement officers just doing their jobs to protect the citizens from those evil Republican criminals.

Please tell me you're not serious. Please tell me that's a joke.

Right now, the Republicans are definitely the worst of the bunch.  But, this is just a bad analogy.  

This is one of the least honest discussion tactics. Attacking the analogy when the point is obvious.

Really don't understand that mindset.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pointing out something isn't a "tactic".  

It's the same analogy I used when I talked about how both Nebraska and A&M committed penalties in the 2010 game. Everyone understood that one, too. Only one person pretended not to understand this one.