What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Questions should be random and from "us"

You get 90 seconds to respond and then your mic is muted.

Moderator doesn't matter at that point.

And no promising "longer lunches and no homework" like every middle school election.

…and as soon as they go off topic of answering the specific question, their mic also gets muted.

They should put me and you in charge of these things.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I know!

If they start "First, let me get back to my other point". MUTE

And when they start bloviating about all they accomplished as President or Senator or whatever (when they actually didn’t accomplish anything good) we simply say bulls#!t and mute them. Yes debates would look much different on our watch.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not surprised. 

You shouldn’t be either.   I mean Candy Crowley!?!??  Seriously?  And your happy with the moderators just letting the candidates talk all over each other, not answer any questions that are asked and asking questions that are at the bottom end of what’s actually on voters minds according to polls?   Hmmmmm.  Sorry for having higher standards:dunno

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You shouldn’t be either.   I mean Candy Crowley!?!??  Seriously?  And your happy with the moderators just letting the candidates talk all over each other, not answer any questions that are asked and asking questions that are at the bottom end of what’s actually on voters minds according to polls?   Hmmmmm.  Sorry for having higher standards:dunno

Chris Wallace joined the ranks of Donna Brazile and Candy Crowley. He coached Biden and corrected Trump. He lied when he said his intent was to stay out of the way, and lost his place as an unbiased moderator. It was quite apparent.  Wallace never pressed Biden, but threw a boyish tantrum at Trump.  And calls himself a moderator.  Funny how he joined CNN.  Debates do not need a person like him or Crowley every involved.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, admo said:

Chris Wallace joined the ranks of Donna Brazile and Candy Crowley. He coached Biden and corrected Trump. He lied when he said his intent was to stay out of the way, and lost his place as an unbiased moderator. It was quite apparent.  Wallace never pressed Biden, but threw a boyish tantrum at Trump.  And calls himself a moderator.  Funny how he joined CNN.  Debates do not need a person like him or Crowley every involved.

All great points

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Truth be told a moderator can only do so much. Its up to the candidates to act respectably up there. They are supposed to be the best of us and lead by example on how to debate issues we disagree on with respect for one another. 

This has sorely been lacking. You can't hang that on the moderators.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Truth be told a moderator can only do so much. Its up to the candidates to act respectably up there. They are supposed to be the best of us and lead by example on how to debate issues we disagree on with respect for one another. 

This has sorely been lacking. You can't hang that on the moderators.

Exactly.  Someone complaining about the commission allowing candidates to talk over each other is complaining about the wrong people.  If Republicans don't like that....hey....don't do it.  The problem is, it's been adopted as a debate tactic.  Talk over the other person so he/she can't answer a question that could help them gain votes.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly.  Someone complaining about the commission allowing candidates to talk over each other is complaining about the wrong people.  If Republicans don't like that....hey....don't do it.  The problem is, it's been adopted as a debate tactic.  Talk over the other person so he/she can't answer a question that could help them gain votes.

Can you please explain Candy Crowley and Donna Brazile?    Can you explain the “real time fact checks” that needed up being wrong in real time?  How these issues only seem to go one way, in favor of the Democrat on stage?   And you think the other side should just take it and ask can I have another:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I'm think Nebraska should never play again because the refs were meanies in the 2010 Texas A&M game.

At least you are admitting the moderators are the same as those refs.   Progress in short increments is still progress.  

Do you think Nebraska should play every game with those same refs? 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Can you please explain Candy Crowley and Donna Brazile?    Can you explain the “real time fact checks” that needed up being wrong in real time?  How these issues only seem to go one way, in favor of the Democrat on stage?   And you think the other side should just take it and ask can I have another:facepalm:

A candidate that completely ignored any and all debate rules, vs a candidate that for the most part did???

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1