What is the future of the Republican Party?

On 2/9/2022 at 11:13 AM, nic said:

The left wing of the Democrat party is giving the Republicans all the gifts they need. What the Republicans need is for Trump to disappear quietly…..One way or another. I am not convinced Trump being prosecuted will hurt them unless it makes his voters not show up for future elections. The best gift the Dems could get is for Trump to run again. 

It's really up to him. If he decides to run, the nomination is his and he'll have a better than 50% chance of winning.

A non-Trump candidate would be interesting. Whatever Republican candidate emerges, they're going to have to be Trump-y. Will a candidate giving their best Trump impression turn out voters the same way? I'm not sure. The GOP has morphed into a party that now depends on non-traditional voters. If Trump isn't on the ticket, do they show up? 

• Plus1 1
On 2/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, BigRedBuster said:

This is all too common in Texass. There's a reason there is separation of Church and State, and a reason why churches being tax-exempt was tied into avoiding political discourse. 

Because you get myopic asshats like this and people that support this garbage doing damage to the country. Honestly, at this point, I wonder if these people are too far gone to be brought back to sanity/reality. 

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Harding is missing before Coolidge.  Harding is probably in the bottom 4 of all presidents.  Of course there are several others missing

Grant would have been a good one to list - but perhaps to sympathetic to minorities, Teddy Roosevelt and obvious oversight but way to progressive for today's GOP.  Imagine that TR from the early 1900s way to progressive for 2022 GOP - proves how the party has gone back to Neanderthal days. 

Trump will be judged by history to be the worst or 2nd to worst president of all time -along with  Buchanan the do nothing president who did nothing to stop the civil war. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We may not like that our future Republican overlords hate reality, democracy, pesky things like "winning more votes" or America, but we better get used to them. 

They're going to win the House and Senate this year, and Democrats probably won't win the Senate back for a significant period of time. America sort of had a good run I guess? 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is just bat s#!t crazy.

So, a guidance counselor meets with a student who is troubled and trying to come to grips with being gay and the school will be required to tell the parents.  

Do these people have a brain?

That ought help the suicide rate.  :facepalm:. Such a compassionate Party.

• Fire 1