What is the future of the Republican Party?

Another defeat for Trump.   I suspect Liz will get overwhelming support from her new friends in the GOP primary. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wyoming-legislature-kills-crossover-voting-ban-despite-trump-s-support/ar-AAUQpyp?ocid=entnewsntp

Wyoming legislators on Tuesday failed to advance a bill barring so-called crossover voting in state primaries, a measure former President Donald Trump backed as he pushes voters to oust one of his most vocal Republican critics, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.).

The bill would have prohibited voters from changing their party registration on primary Election Day, barring last-minute changes that would allow them to choose the party primary in which they wanted to participate.    

Supporters of the bill said making the change would prevent Democrats or independent voters from casting a ballot in the Republican primary - presumably, voters who would be more likely to favor Cheney, who voted to impeach Trump and who sits on the House panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection against the U.S. Capitol, over Harriet Hageman (R), Trump's chosen challenger.

Trump publicly endorsed the bill last month.

• Thanks 2

A con man will always be a con man in as much as a leopard cannot change its spots.    The con will work as we have seen there are many gullible cult followers in the GOP.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-asks-supporters-to-give-him-money-for-new-plane-after-emergency-landing-over-the-weekend/

Donald Trump’s PAC sent out an email blast telling the former president’s supporters to give him cash for a new private jet called “Trump Force One.”

On Wednesday, multiple reports ran the story that Trump was traveling on a plane that had to make an emergency landing after a speech he gave to a number of Republican National Committee donors in New Orleans. The plane belonged to a GOP donor who lent it to Trump so he could fly back to Mar-a-Lago, but shortly after take-off, the plane returned to the airport because of a reported engine failure, and Trump caught a flight on another donor’s plane instead.

Insider reports that hours after the story got picked up by the media, the Trump Save America PAC emailed supporters with a request they contribute to “Trump Force One’s” construction if they want to see it. The email links to a webpage where people are asked to give monthly recurring donations for as much as $2,500 a month.

“I need to trust that you won’t share it with anyone: my team is building a BRAND NEW Trump Force One,” the email said. “The construction of this plane has been under wraps — not even the fake news media knows about it — and I can’t wait to unveil it for everyone to see.”

Insider notes that Trump still has his private Boeing 757, though it is “sitting unused in upstate New York” after the former president said it was getting a tune-up months ago.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

A con man will always be a con man in as much as a leopard cannot change its spots.    The con will work as we have seen there are many gullible cult followers in the GOP.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-asks-supporters-to-give-him-money-for-new-plane-after-emergency-landing-over-the-weekend/

So...let me get this straight.  A billionaire, who is the greatest business man the world has ever seen, can't afford his own plane so he asks people who supposedly have a lot less money than him to pay for it.

And....people can't see that this guy is a complete fraud.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

giyUtnN.gif

GRI-I-I-IFTING along with the tumbling tumblewe-e-e-eds....

• Plus1 1

Yeah Right!:   Revisionist history game going on here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-jr-says-his-father-only-praised-vladimir-putin-kim-jong-un-and-xi-jinping-in-order-to-play-them/ar-AAURfq4?ocid=entnewsntp

• Donald Trump Jr. said his father's flattery of world leaders like Russia's Vladimir Putin doesn't equate to "capitulation."
    • Trump Jr. said his father knows how to deal with "powerful men" who might "blow up deals over ego."
    • "He knew exactly how to play these guys, and he played it like a fiddle," said Trump Jr.
    • Donald Trump Jr. said on Wednesday that the praise his father, former President Donald Trump, showered on world leaders like China's Xi Jinping, North Korea's Kim Jong Un, and Russia's Vladimir Putin was all part of a strategy to "play" them.

In a video posted on his Rumble account, Trump Jr. said his father is someone who knows how to deal with "powerful men" and that he "had it right all along" when it came to dealing with foreign leaders.

"So my father understands that, you know, men will blow up deals over ego. I've seen it my whole life, and my father's certainly seen it. Because he's dealt with powerful, egotistical people his entire life. He's built a brand around dealing with those people. World leaders aren't any different," Trump Jr. said.

"He knew exactly how to play these guys, and he played it like a fiddle," he added, while also noting that his father's flattery of foreign leaders was not an act of "capitulation."

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...let me get this straight.  A billionaire, who is the greatest business man the world has ever seen, can't afford his own plane so he asks people who supposedly have a lot less money than him to pay for it.

And....people can't see that this guy is a complete fraud.

Yes and note that the article says he has a 757 sitting in upstate NY.  Maybe that rich, billionaire cannot afford the fuel any longer. :cry

15 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

The Republican that more or less the entire party has been catering to (still) speaks.

So, let me get this straight.  

We are in a bind with Russia because we use a lot of oil and gas and they provide that to the world.  But....his answer is that renewable energy is horrible.

Gotta love the rational with this.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's what happens when you can't pay for it.

So....he has a plane that is going to be refurbished....but he has to ask his much poorer cult members to donate money for a new plane.

Yeah.....doesn't sound like a complete fraud to me.

• Plus1 1