What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

:facepalm: :lol:

https://richardd3d.substack.com/p/cnn-lies-again-this-time-about-walkers?s=r

That is not true. The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations makes it clear that a special government employee may indeed run for partisan political office:

An employee who works on an irregular or occasional basis or is a special government employee as defined in 18 U.S.C. 202(a) is subject to the provisions of the applicable subpart of this part when he or she is on duty.

It clearly covers appointments to presidential councils and commissions, and the code goes on to cite that very situation as an example of what those people can do when they are not on duty:

An employee appointed to a special commission or task force who does not have a regular tour of duty may run as a partisan political candidate, but may actively campaign only when he or she is not on duty.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm positive that either a) someone still currently in high school or b) Sarah Palin is running the GOP twitter account.  

:facepalm:

if it had been a left leaning judge....whoa.....the bombs would be flying from that account.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

This is a disappointing black eye on Nebraska. I have not been a supporter of his for some time for political and professional reasons, although I found him a more encouraging and likeable representative earlier on his career.

Assuming a Republican fills his seat, I used to know Mike Flood fairly well. Always found him to be a reasonable and thoughtful, particularly in regards to news coverage, so I wouldn't be disappointed if he got the spot. His political views have seemingly shifted from more independent in nature to more conservative, presumably to fit in better with Republicans. Unsurprising, yet no less unfortunate.

52 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

:facepalm:

I'm not making excuses, but I don't think some people realize just how prominent cocaine is in some of the wealthier circles of America. I was listening to a former NFL player the other day talk about a Halloween party he went to as a rookie at a New York club. Tons of incredibly well-known celebrities were at this party. He had to use the restroom before he left, and when he went in, he saw a mound of cocaine on a table for people to use as they came and went. And he said he saw some of these famous people using.

I guess what I'm saying is, if this is true, I am in no way surprised by it.

• Plus1 1