What is the future of the Republican Party?

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Effective Tax Rate:

0.1%: Warren Buffett worth $111 billion

1.1%: Jeff Bezos worth $131 billion

1.8% Mike Bloomberg worth $82 billion

2.1%: Elon Musk worth $210 billion

13.5%: Registered Nurse

Certainly is not equitable, and needs to be addressed. Wondering why is this in this thread? Rs and Ds have both contributed.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Let them.

If they want to create a MAGAverse, so be it. We can build a wall to keep the feral Trumpers out. We can set up a repayment plan so Red states can pay back the federal dollars they've been leeching. We can fine them for every gun that is found illegally across the border. They can reimburse blue states for FEMA relief if they want to deny climate change. They can be ravaged by the next pandemic of they don't want lockdowns or vaccines. The voters in those states don't face real consequences (outside of being financially poor and having borderline 3rd world health outcomes) from their idiotic voting. Give them what they want. 

Consider that 9 of the 10 poorest states are Red, and 20 out of the poorest 25. Blue states are subsidizing their existence. So, by all means, secede. If they don't want the tyranny of the federal government, give them what they want. I don't want blue state tax dollars to subsidize them anymore.

"If red states don't submit to government tyranny, we should tyrannize them harder!!!"

-Basically the entire ethos of the Democratic party

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

"If red states don't submit to government tyranny, we should tyrannize them harder!!!"

Eric Holder and Obama may not like punishing the whole guns going across boarders thingy either. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You guys and your selective definition of tyranny.  Cracks me up.

As you surely know, the Red States are the most prolific government teat-sucklers in the country, yet still screech incessantly whenever they're asked to stop being a$$h@!es and do something decent for the common good. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Certainly is not equitable, and needs to be addressed. Wondering why is this in this thread? Rs and Ds have both contributed.

True. But I have yet to meet a Republican who would put raising taxes on the wealthy anywhere on the GOP agenda. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

True. But I have yet to meet a Republican who would put raising taxes on the wealthy anywhere on the GOP agenda. 

I agree, but it doesn't seem like Clinton or Obama (or Johnson and Carter) did much when they had the opportunity either. 

I think a moderate D or R candidate could win using just legitimate tax reforms and IRS realignment as the platform.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You guys and your selective definition of tyranny.  Cracks me up.

As you surely know, the Red States are the most prolific government teat-sucklers in the country, yet still screech incessantly whenever they're asked to stop being a$$h@!es and do something decent for the common good. 

You guys and your selective definition of the common good. Cracks me up.

As you surely know, individual liberty IS the common good. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You guys and your selective definition of the common good. Cracks me up.

As you surely know, individual liberty IS the common good. 

This would be the perfect place for you to describe the tyranny being enforced and the freedoms being sacrificed. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welp……there you have it. 

Anyone who doesn’t pledge allegiance  to Donald Trump is not a Republican. 

A political party is officially a cult. 

Great job Republicans.  :clap

Who on here are still Republicans?

At least Cruz appears to be mocking those people.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This would be the perfect place for you to describe the tyranny being enforced and the freedoms being sacrificed. 

Tyranny is easy. Things like:

• Bodily autonomy
  • Non-Republicans being able to vote
  • Textbooks
  • Noted communist Mickey Mouse
  • Lack of government protection for crappy Republican opinions online
  • Adam and Steve 

As you well know, all stuff they're scrambling to address right now!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree, but it doesn't seem like Clinton or Obama (or Johnson and Carter) did much when they had the opportunity either. 

I think a moderate D or R candidate could win using just legitimate tax reforms and IRS realignment as the platform.

To be fair, Obama was obstructed by the GOP (because of his race) by McConnell and the GOP. It wouldn't have mattered if Obama had the cure for cancer and was going to distribute to all Americans, they would have voted no because it was something Obama wanted. 

And I do recall there being a handful of attempts to update the tax code so that the very wealthy pay their fair share, but no GOP member will vote to raise taxes because why bite the hand that feeds?

• Plus1 1