What is the future of the Republican Party?

24 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You'll also notice he clarified his statement with the following "You're saying that isn't successful all the time......Yes, I know that."

Whether they are successful or not isn’t the point at all.  Factually speaking, he lumped “Leadership” in with Trump trying to oust incumbents.  That is the clarification that was never made and why I brought up who I did and why the “pissing match” is relevant.   The word Leadership was even bolded in the post you replied to.  It’s factually wrong for brb to say what he said.   

The snark you brought to the table about a pissing match was unnecessary and the stuff you tell people to avoid publicly and in private messages:dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

No way.

I am more anti-gun than anyone on this site...but is this per capita?

That is not a good way to do it...7 people live in wyoming...if one gets killed that is a big deal, per capita.

Do you have a list of just the amount of deaths?

I know we have one or two posters that think 1 death out of 7 people is a bigger deal than 1000 deaths out of 2 million people...but more deaths is the issue.

I did not look anything up but my guess is that cities like Chicago, LA and NY, have the most people killed by guns.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Nah, it's not the party of Trump.  :facepalm:

This is one thing I do not understand.  Why are these Republican's so afraid of Trump??????  I mean are you serious?????  The nutty followers.  Yes.  I could see that sect being scary to them.  Like the day after Lyndsay basically denounced Trump on the senate floor only to be mobbed the very next day at the airport by those complete Trump weirdos.  Then wouldn't you know it...the day after that Lyndsay is suddenly all aboard the Trump train again...

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We really need to let these Conservative states go. They can form their own country (provided they band together and payback the Federal Government all that tax money they've leeched). We don't need to tyranize them with government subsidies anymore. 

It's sad that their official party platform is based around conspiracy, untruths, and hatred for gay marriage. But that's been their form of Conservatism for decades. We've just gotten to the point where their voters are proud to come out into the open with it. 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:23 PM, teachercd said:

I am more anti-gun than anyone on this site...but is this per capita?

That is not a good way to do it...7 people live in wyoming...if one gets killed that is a big deal, per capita.

Do you have a list of just the amount of deaths?

I know we have one or two posters that think 1 death out of 7 people is a bigger deal than 1000 deaths out of 2 million people...but more deaths is the issue.

I did not look anything up but my guess is that cities like Chicago, LA and NY, have the most people killed by guns.  

Per capita is the best way to do it, although imperfect. The best way is to measure "per x number of people". For example, if a gang went to a small town and killed 50 out of 100 people and then moved to the next big town and killed 51 out of 1000, we wouldn't say the big town was more dangerous because they had a higher raw number of deaths.

According to this link, by almost every metric, gun violence disproportionately affects red states. They based this on a per 100k basis, which is a good way to even out small populations with big ones. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

The Republican party will either turn into an ash heap or cause our system of government to turn into Russia’s. The # of Republican politicians saying they’d be willing to send alternate electors and don’t believe in the 2020 election outcome is sickening. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1