What is the future of the Republican Party?

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

“Drag shows in schools”???

I missed something!

sidenote:  I live in West Omaha and a “concerned” person posted on our neighborhood FB page that a restaurant in the area has drag shows during Sunday brunch.  The amount of comments underneath saying “thank you so much!  Can’t wait to go!”  Was pretty entertaining!  Per my wife.

They seem to be more of a "group of gals" go to drink and have fun type of thing

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They've gone full MAGA. 

Wild to me that the daughter of a Republican VP, who toes the party line better than anyone, voted with Trump more than freaking Mark Meadows - gets blacklisted from the party for saying "Yeah, maybe a President inciting an armed riot at the Capitol is a bad thing". Look at yourselves, you're siding with a selfish, narcissistic, reality star man baby over someone who has carried your parties water since she was in diapers.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Wild to me that the daughter of a Republican VP, who toes the party line better than anyone, voted with Trump more than freaking Mark Meadows - gets blacklisted from the party for saying "Yeah, maybe a President inciting an armed riot at the Capitol is a bad thing". Look at yourselves, you're siding with a selfish, narcissistic, reality star man baby over someone who has carried your parties water since she was in diapers.

Yes and we all know Trump was and never will be a 'true believer' in GOP policies. But he's caused the GOP to become like him whereby most of the GOP has lost its core values.  If Trump had run as a Dem in 2016 he would not have been a true believer then as well.  Trump only believes in himself and as a true narcist he uses others (GOP or Dem) to get what he wants - which is self glorification.   Maybe the GOP will wake up from their drunken stupor some morning and look at the horrible b$%ch in the bed with them and say 'What have I done."   But doubtful.  

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

And, let's not forget.  This isn't a back room/behind closed doors act from Republican leadership.  Leadership openly and publicly censured because they agreed to participate on the committee.  That's long before anyone knew the evidence they would find....or....well.....some of them did.

35 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes and we all know Trump was and never will be a 'true believer' in GOP policies. But he's caused the GOP to become like him whereby most of the GOP has lost its core values.  If Trump had run as a Dem in 2016 he would not have been a true believer then as well.  Trump only believes in himself and as a true narcist he uses others (GOP or Dem) to get what he wants - which is self glorification.   Maybe the GOP will wake up from their drunken stupor some morning and look at the horrible b$%ch in the bed with them and say 'What have I done."   But doubtful.  

I'm not sure about this. The GOP doesn't like Trump's style or how he bullies their establishment members. The RNC would love him gone. But Republicans have had this agenda for years and have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams with Trump. 

And let's be honest: Trump's policies have been to undo or block whatever Barack Obama did, much as George W. Bush's agenda was to undo or block whatever Bill Clinton did. The GOP playbook hasn't been much more sophisticated than that, and will continue as such without the need for Donald Trump. 

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, let's not forget.  This isn't a back room/behind closed doors act from Republican leadership.  Leadership openly and publicly censured because they agreed to participate on the committee.  That's long before anyone knew the evidence they would find....or....well.....some of them did.

And yet behind closed doors it appears that EVERY Republican in Washington knew Donald Trump was an ill-informed loose cannon, surrounded by third tier sycophants. These hearings have been led by Republicans and dominated by Republican witnesses and Trump voters. If we are to believe the insiders, no one close to the President was surprised by these "revelations." Trump's behavior has been consistent since day one. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not sure about this. The GOP doesn't like Trump's style or how he bullies their establishment members. The RNC would love him gone. But Republicans have had this agenda for years and have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams with Trump. 

And let's be honest: Trump's policies have been to undo or block whatever Barack Obama did, much as George W. Bush's agenda was to undo or block whatever Bill Clinton did. The GOP playbook hasn't been much more sophisticated than that, and will continue as such without the need for Donald Trump. 

As Biden is now all about undoing everything trump did.  In that case, some of that is good.  So both parties do the one upmanship - otherwise what would there be to campaign for  - "I think the other party did just fine but I think I can be finer."

15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

As Biden is now all about undoing everything trump did.  In that case, some of that is good.  So both parties do the one upmanship - otherwise what would there be to campaign for  - "I think the other party did just fine but I think I can be finer."

I wish we were a developed enough society that politicians could say....."Hey, the incumbent has done a great job at XY and Z.  But, it's a real problem that he/she has been struggling in the areas of AB and C.  I know I can do better at AB and C while maintaining XY and Z."

But, that would be too civil.