What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Well looky there...

Notable 'No' vote:  Rand f'n Paul

Republicans are caught in a political blender, with no policy other than "vote for the opposite of Democrats, cut taxes for the wealthy, and institute Christian Nationalism".

It is truly mind boggling how anybody can vote for clowns like Rand Paul, Hawley, Cruz and others. They exemplify everything wrong with American politics.

• Plus1 6

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Arizona is doing a great job of convincing me not to move there when I retire. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Authoritarians gain power in the local places first.  We see it at work here. If Trump isn't in jail in 2024 we will see that 2020 was just a warm up to what he will do to get back into power. 

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good God....Kari Lake is winning.  I used to think Florida was the most messed up state for politics....Arizona is saying..."hold my beer".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/08/02/us/elections/results-arizona-governor.html

I have some old neighbors who are Facebook Friends (not real friends) and they recently moved from Portland to outside Phoenix.  I know Portland has gotten pretty bad, but these old neighbors have turned really Conservative (almost MAGA) over the past few years.  The wife of the family says they moved to Arizona for the warm weather and their son could end up going to college in that area, but I am sure the direction that Arizona is trending politically didn't hurt when they were looking for a new place to live.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have some old neighbors who are Facebook Friends (not real friends) and they recently moved from Portland to outside Phoenix.  I know Portland has gotten pretty bad, but these old neighbors have turned really Conservative (almost MAGA) over the past few years.  The wife of the family says they moved to Arizona for the warm weather and their son could end up going to college in that area, but I am sure the direction that Arizona is trending politically didn't hurt when they were looking for a new place to live.

People are crazy.  The weather in Portland has to be much better than Phoenix!

• Plus1 2