What is the future of the Republican Party?

Just now, knapplc said:

Remember when they were going to "repeal and replace" Obamacare? 

It's been ten years. A dozen. The Republicans still haven't shown us their "better" plan. 

Yep....it's the same mantra.  "this program is horrible, we need to pull it up by it's roots......elect me then, I will tell you what my new plan is"

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Remember when they were going to "repeal and replace" Obamacare? 

It's been ten years. A dozen. The Republicans still haven't shown us their "better" plan. 

House Republicans passed plans, you know this, yet continue to lie about it.  Quite telling behavior. 

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep....it's the same mantra.  "this program is horrible, we need to pull it up by it's roots......elect me then, I will tell you what my new plan is"

So you are falling for the lie too:dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
On 11/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, NM11046 said:

You may have thought it was a jig, but it was really more of a sway and stumble.

The fact that republicans think I'm going to give away my gummies is just par for the course in their crazy talk.  People don't even give away full size candy bars, they're definately not giving away their precious (and there's no sarcasm intended) gummies.

Um…I know of at least 10 homes in our neighborhood that have away full-sized candy bars. It happens quite frequently anymore…

…but edibles? Yeah, the GOP wishes someone would give away edibles. 

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Um…I know of at least 10 homes in our neighborhood that have away full-sized candy bars. It happens quite frequently anymore…

…but edibles? Yeah, the GOP wishes someone would give away edibles. 

Well....that's one hell of a lot better than one house in our neighborhood growing up.  This old lady would make popcorn balls.  I hate popcorn balls.  But, Mom made us go to be nice.  That thing went in the trash immediately when I got home.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....that's one hell of a lot better than one house in our neighborhood growing up.  This old lady would make popcorn balls.  I hate popcorn balls.  But, Mom made us go to be nice.  That thing went in the trash immediately when I got home.

I hated those things.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

My betting site had political bets up last night.  One was that the GOP wins both the house and senate at -200.  

I forget the other ones.

That's practically free money. 

Best case scenario for Democrats is they lose 15 House seats and keep the Senate 50-50.

The scenario that is rapidly becoming apparent is that they lose modestly in the House, ~25 seats and they lose 2-3 Senate seats.

Worse case scenario, which has a fairly decent chance of materializing, are high losses in the House, 30 seats and they lose 4-5 Senate seats. This means that in 2024, where it seems extremely likely Trump runs and wins, Republicans will have a high chance of holding a filibuster proof Senate majority. 

48 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Best case scenario for Democrats is they lose 15 House seats and keep the Senate 50-50.

The scenario that is rapidly becoming apparent is that they lose modestly in the House, ~25 seats and they lose 2-3 Senate seats.

Worse case scenario, which has a fairly decent chance of materializing, are high losses in the House, 30 seats and they lose 4-5 Senate seats. This means that in 2024, where it seems extremely likely Trump runs and wins, Republicans will have a high chance of holding a filibuster proof Senate majority. 

I almost took it but I backed off...it seemed like it was almost a sucker bet.

Now, I just checked, and thee political bets are off.

6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Okay, it popped back up and I took it!  So I hope you are right!

• Plus1 1