What is the future of the Republican Party?

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're almost certainly correct. Because the Republican Party is totally serious about policy - why they've decided to officially not run on policy the last two elections is because Democrats would steal their ideas - they're likely to reveal a full fleged proposal to help every day Americans. 

Unlike previous "policy", which included the refusal of government money for Healthcare and to sue the federal government for daring to help the poor - causing untold harm to hundreds of thousands of America's poorest citizens - this time is different! 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Just like we told you how Trump was a moron in 2015 and it was obvious to anybody with ears that it was going to be a disaster, I'm going to make a mistake and try to tell you again: DeSantis is the same sort of moron.

I get that Republican voters are too far gone to be reasoned with, but just like when I see a kid about to stick a fork into a light socket I feel like it's my duty to try and prevent them from making a pretty obvious mistake.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
17 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Just like we told you how Trump was a moron in 2015 and it was obvious to anybody with ears that it was going to be a disaster, I'm going to make a mistake and try to tell you again: DeSantis is the same sort of moron.

I get that Republican voters are too far gone to be reasoned with, but just like when I see a kid about to stick a fork into a light socket I feel like it's my duty to try and prevent them from making a pretty obvious mistake.

Ya ok…LOL. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya ok…LOL. 

Sorry, but you can go back to fawning over DeSantis for acting like he found voter fraud and for his totally serious and not at all a political side-show public health policies.

His well detailed and highly publicized policy proposals aimed at helping the most vulnerable Americans - and not just being a moronic politician lacking any substance whatsoever who's only political gambit is faking outrage at immigrants, public health policy, public education and really anything Fox News is mad about at that particular moment- is just the sort of leader America needs and would make the founding Fathers beam with patriotic pride.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 4

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Sorry, but you can go back to fawning over DeSantis for acting like he found voter fraud and for his totally serious and not at all a political side-show public health policies.

His well detailed and highly publicized policy proposals aimed at helping the most vulnerable Americans - and not just being a moronic politician lacking any substance whatsoever who's only political gambit is faking outrage at immigrants, public health policy, public education and really anything Fox News is mad about at that particular moment- is just the sort of leader America needs and would make the founding Fathers beam with patriotic pride.

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1

Again, the science and policy surrounding COVID is chock full of nuance and moving targets. 

No one would be stupid enough to claim everything was handled perfectly. But many are stupid enough to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Because Americans aren't great at nuance, and the GOP literally doesn't know the meaning of the word, we've entered the Jail Fauci phase of our collective meltdown. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, the science and policy surrounding COVID is chock full of nuance and moving targets. 

No one would be stupid enough to claim everything was handled perfectly. But many are stupid enough to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Because Americans aren't great at nuance, and the GOP literally doesn't know the meaning of the word, we've entered the Jail Fauci phase of our collective meltdown. 

Are we good with stereotyping again?  I sort of thought we were trying to get away from that...gosh.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1