What is the future of the Republican Party?

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

For the logically challenged and uninformed...

I hope this information allows at least one of us to become smarter and more informed.

Clearly I over shot and have failed.

You can lead a horse to water........

• Plus1 2

Remember when someone said GOP was fascist because of fear mongering….hmmmmmm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10/democrats-warn-republican-agenda-midterms/amp

Democrats Warn That Republicans Will Turn US Into a Fascist Hellhole If GOP Prevails in Midterm Elections

A quick guide to all the horrible things the GOP could do—abortion bans, social safety net gutting, impeachment—if it retakes both chambers.
  • Plus1 1

I'm seeing a party that purportedly hates big government and social engineering, yet prepares a full draconian slate of social engineering for the day they become the government, which in several notable cases is "now."  If I could boil their belief system down to one word, it would be "revenge."  The GOP officially declared January 6 "legitimate political discourse." True story. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/04/republicans-capitol-attack-legitimate-political-discourse-cheney-kinzinger-pence

I'm okay ditching the labels "fascism" and "Nazis" and just calling it our own brand of White Nationalism if that makes you feel better. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Remember when someone said GOP was fascist because of fear mongering….hmmmmmm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10/democrats-warn-republican-agenda-midterms/amp

Democrats Warn That Republicans Will Turn US Into a Fascist Hellhole If GOP Prevails in Midterm Elections

A quick guide to all the horrible things the GOP could do—abortion bans, social safety net gutting, impeachment—if it retakes both chambers.

Another LOL moment.

Abortion bans. Check.

Social safety net gutting. Currently being strongly considered by the GOP.

Impeachment....who knows, but all signs point to they would if they could and I'm sure they will give it their best shot.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Another LOL moment.

Abortion bans. Check.

Social safety net gutting. Currently being strongly considered by the GOP.

Impeachment....who knows, but all signs point to they would if they could and I'm sure they will give it their best shot.

Speaking of LOL moments…..

Abortion bans already existed prior to SCOTUS ruling, the timing of when it’s legal is what’s up for debate.  Advocating for life isn’t the “fascist” ideal you think it is LOL

Social Safety nets….maybe you didn’t see the very recent article in regards to SS being insolvent in 2033?  Changes are going to need to be made at some point in the future.  Changes that in no way would be considered “gutting”. It’s a scare tactic that apparently even you have bought into sadly.  

Impeachment????……you mean like the two attempts Democrats just had????  Like that!

• TBH 1
9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm okay ditching the labels "fascism" and "Nazis" and just calling it our own brand of White Nationalism if that makes you feel better. 

Ohhh…the White nationalism that is increasingly attracting the Hispanic vote and sllllllowwwwwwllllly making some inroads into the AA vote.   Maybe those Hispanics are of the white hispanic variety:dunno

oh well, when all else fails, go back to the everything is racist argument

12 minutes ago, commando said:

sounds about right.  will women need to get a doctors note to cross state lines?  take a pregnancy test to get permission?

This guy is stupid for making the suggestion. 

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, commando said:

sounds about right.  will women need to get a doctors note to cross state lines?  take a pregnancy test to get permission?

The guy says whatever he can do to save lives, protect babies yet support assault rifle bans?  Nah.... won't go that far

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Speaking of LOL moments…..

Abortion bans already existed prior to SCOTUS ruling, the timing of when it’s legal is what’s up for debate.  Advocating for life isn’t the “fascist” ideal you think it is LOL

Social Safety nets….maybe you didn’t see the very recent article in regards to SS being insolvent in 2033?  Changes are going to need to be made at some point in the future.  Changes that in no way would be considered “gutting”. It’s a scare tactic that apparently even you have bought into sadly.  

Impeachment????……you mean like the two attempts Democrats just had????  Like that!

Not even you can be this naive and uninformed. Maybe?

Nope. Red states did not implement markedly stronger abortion restriction as soon as Trump gave them the USC?

It's all "scare tactics"....until it happens. I guess we'll just ignore the attempts to make it happen.

Yes, like those two attempts. I guess we'll have to wait and see if JB is as deserving of the attention as DJT obviously was.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

For the logically challenged and uninformed...

Here's a good long read on what Fascism is and what it looks like.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism/Conservative-economic-programs

If you can't find many similarities to the current Republican party you just aren't trying.

(Note: I don't believe concentration camps are mentioned. If that is all you need to see to believe, then, by all means, continue being myopic.)

Here's a much shorter read on how Hitler came to power.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/how-did-adolf-hitler-happen

Once again, if you don't see many significant similarities to Trump and the current GOP, you might be completely hopeless.

Here's a definition of what an analogy is.

analogy

noun

anal·o·gy ə-ˈna-lə-jē 

plural analogies

a

: a comparison of two otherwise unlike things based on resemblance of a particular aspect

b

: resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : SIMILARITY

: inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will probably agree in others

Please note- an analogy does not imply things have to be exactly the same. i.e. If Nazi Germany or fascism is being compared to the GOP, singular things or events, like concentration camps for example, are not a requirement for thinking people to be able to digest the analogy and see the other obvious similarities.

I hope this information allows at least one of us to become smarter and more informed.

From your encyclopedia…

The fascist economic theory corporatismcalled for organizing each of the major sectors of industry, agriculture, the professions, and the arts into state- or management-controlled trade unions and employer associations, or “corporations,” each of which would negotiate labour contracts and working conditions and represent the general interests of their professions in a larger assembly of corporations, or “corporatist parliament.” Corporatist institutions would replace all independent organizations of workers and employers, and the corporatist parliament would replace, or at least exist alongside, traditional representative and legislative bodies. In theory, the corporatist model represented a “third way” between capitalismand communism, allowing for the harmonious cooperation of workers and employers for the good of the nation as a whole.

You trying to tell me the GOP is against small business, sole proprietor’s???

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It is not a political party that supports giving voters the power to decide abortion restrictions in their states, which the GOP does.

Republicans have been talking about banning abortion nation wide at the federal level ever since RvW was overturned.

It is not an ideology that advocates robust free speech and religious rights for all people, which conservatism does.

Ever heard of banning books?  I hear Conservatives talk all the time about how we horrible Muslims are and how they shouldn't be in our government.  They want Christian prayer in school.  But, they would flip out if a Muslim teacher would lead her kids in a Muslim prayer.

It is not a movement that opposes draconian uses of federal power, such as sweeping COVID-19 vaccine mandates and costly student loan debt forgiveness, which conservatism does.

But, yet wants to throw women in prison for getting an abortion, ban them from wearing anything that bares their arms in a state capital, ban certain things to be taught to kids about the world around them.

And it is definitely not a political party that protests the weaponization of key institutions like Big Tech and the FBI against political dissidents, which the Republican Party does.

This one is actually pretty dang funny.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Republicans have been talking about banning abortion nation wide at the federal level ever since RvW was overturned

Abortion laws Based on the will of the voters in each individual state, which is what was said in the message you replied to.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Abortion laws Based on the will of the voters in each individual state, which is what was said in the message you replied to.  

And Republicans have talked about banning it nationally ever since RvW was overturned.

https://www.lgraham.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2022/9/graham-introduces-legislation-to-protect-unborn-children-bring-u-s-abortion-policy-in-line-with-other-developed-nations

• Plus1 2