What is the future of the Republican Party?

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Can I ask what you do see in Desantis?  Granted I don’t know a lot about him but everything I’ve seen about him is similarly stupid faux outrage issues. Battling Disney, grandstanding busing immigrants to other states, worrying about CRT, wanting to censor books and curriculum in schools, don’t say gay nonsense, gas stoves…. What are the real issues he stands for that are worthy of your support?  All I see is a slightly smarter Trump playing the wronged and marginalized white man to a prepackaged MAGA audience that is more than eager to lap it up.

To the bolded….Pretty much the only thing the main news outlets will show you about him are these those things.  Not much else because they don’t like him and want to paint their narrative of him.  

What got me on to him initially was his response to Covid.  He did the shutdown like everyone else while the country was trying to figure out the disease and see the first waves of European data come in.  He opened back up early, got kids back in school, and taught back against the mandates.  All decisions  that we all know now have been proven to be correct. Then I looked more into his Florida accomplishments.

He works to help keep the Florida environment clean without being a cultish environmentalist.  Look at the Everglades work he pushed.

He has valued education in the state from the students point of view, not the teachers Union or anyone else and pushed for teacher raises.   

The Florida election law is pretty outstanding.

He compromises on abortion and supports a 15 week choice point.

Got Florida online sports betting

In terms of handling disasters which Presidents have to manage…his hurricane disaster leadership/plans have been a major success in the state.  

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Does he have proof that these issues caused a lot of voter fraud in Florida?

“Twenty years ago, nobody thought Florida was a prime example of how to conduct elections, but we have become a national leader by running the most secure elections in the country,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “We need to do more to ensure our elections remain secure. We have ended ballot harvesting, stopped drop boxes and the mass mailing of ballots, and banned Zuckerbucks, and this bill will give us more resources to make sure bad actors are held accountable.” 

https://www.flgov.com/2022/04/25/governor-ron-desantis-signs-bill-to-strengthen-floridas-election-integrity/

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

To the bolded….Pretty much the only thing the main news outlets will show you about him are these those things.  Not much else because they don’t like him and want to paint their narrative of him.  

What got me on to him initially was his response to Covid.  He did the shutdown like everyone else while the country was trying to figure out the disease and see the first waves of European data come in.  He opened back up early, got kids back in school, and taught back against the mandates.  All decisions  that we all know now have been proven to be correct. Then I looked more into his Florida accomplishments.

He works to help keep the Florida environment clean without being a cultish environmentalist.  Look at the Everglades work he pushed.

He has valued education in the state from the students point of view, not the teachers Union or anyone else and pushed for teacher raises.   

In terms of handling disasters which Presidents have to manage…his hurricane disaster leadership/plans have been a major success in the state.  

I mean giving a tax break for gas stoves is about as textbook faux-outrage as it gets. 

But that's all the GOP voters need. It's a party and electorate fueled by so much fake outrage - as evidenced by Assault Rifle lapels - that the entire party is begging to be grifted by individuals with no shame willing to do it.

Not to mention many other problems with what you said: the way he handled COVID in his state, for example. If the goal was to confuse citizens about public health and kill constituents, then Florida did great. Florida ranks 13th in COVID deaths per capita and 3rd in overall deaths.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I mean giving a tax break for gas stoves is about as textbook faux-outrage as it gets. 

But that's all the GOP voters need. It's a party and electorate fueled by so much fake outrage - as evidenced by Assault Rifle lapels - that the entire party is begging to be grifted by individuals with no shame willing to do it.

I would love for him to run.  But, this is exactly why Larry Hogan wouldn't win the nomination.  He doesn't feed into all the fake outrage made up issues the Republican party has come to live on.  Republican voters aren't going to vote for him because he's not going to come out and rant about the libs taking our gas stoves away, he hasn't combed through the school's libraries looking for books to ban...etc.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I have to say that’s severely lacking for a would be presidential candidate. So he’s in the right ballpark on abortion. I guess that’s something compared to most of the GOP. As far as Covid, I’m failing to see how he handled it any better than our governor in Colorado. And not everyone is as convinced as you are that all his decision have proven to be correct. Although he may be deserving of an Emmy for his demeanor in addressing it.

IDK, I expect quite a bit more before I’ll throw in with a presidential candidate. It would be a bonus if they weren’t a jackwagon while doing their duties. Online sports gambling…really? :lol: Did he do that by decree or was it actually Fla voters?

Desantis is just Trump without actually being Trump. He allows people who support Trump to claim they don’t (because deep down they know what a s#!tshow he is) but they can still ride the s#!tshow train.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You do have to dig to learn more, but in fairness to the media, Ron DeSantis is running for President and is -- by choice -- saying lots of inflammatory and divisive things to play to both a local and national base. That base likes its narratives two-sided and nutty. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2