What is the future of the Republican Party?

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, there has to be more to the story.  This couldn't have been a normal teaching job.  The bottom 10% of teachers in Nebraska are at $35,000.  You said that was a while ago, was it back in 1964?

I know some teachers I'd like to see in calendars.  I support this effort.  

Sadly no...it was about 20 years ago and a small little private school.

My first gig teaching was for 24,500!

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sadly no...it was about 20 years ago and a small little private school.

My first gig teaching was for 24,500!

Ok….I can see paying you that.  They had to really be questioning their judgement. But, the other teacher had to be better. 

seriously though, ok, a small private school. They had to have had other options in public schools. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….I can see paying you that.  They had to really be questioning their judgement. But, the other teacher had to be better. 

seriously though, ok, a small private school. They had to have had other options in public schools. 

It was her first gig, I think she was just trying to get the experience and then leave after a year.

19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hopefully that’s the case for them.  It should be the goal for everyone prior to retirement.  

I agree with this as well.

Sadly so many of us, myself included, are at best, stupid with money.  

Looking back on it now I wish me and my group of friends had bought a house together out of college instead of renting apts.  Paid off some/most/all of it and then either flipped it or rented it out and then repeated the process.  A lot of us rented for a good 5-10 years after college and in that time the 4-6 of us could have easily formed a LLC and had a few properties that we could have held on to and rented and had that extra income.

Instead most of my cash went to bars.

• Plus1 3

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site