What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Their candidates are so bad they have to force loyalty. :laughpound

trying to imagine trump supporting someone other than himself and i am not seeing that happening.   if trump loses he will do his standard bit about how the elections were rigged.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

3 hours ago, commando said:

trying to imagine trump supporting someone other than himself and i am not seeing that happening.   if trump loses he will do his standard bit about how the elections were rigged.

I can’t imagine anything less binding than a pledge of loyalty within the GOP. Its not like they have a shred of history of being honorable, truthful or keeping their word.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
10 minutes ago, commando said:

I opened up the link to see if they were Republicans, you know, the pro-life party.  To my relief they were. I knew we count on them to do the right thing.

Absolutely we need to criminalize the administration of a vaccine which has proven to have saved millions of lives here in the US alone.  

Then I had to double check to see if they truly were members of the party of fiscal responsibility.  I mean who could possibly be in favor of a vaccine that has kept tens of millions of Americans out the hospital? 

We need to go back to the days before the vaccines were rolled out when mortuaries were filled to the brim and bodies stored in freezer trucks and field hospitals were being setup to facilitate the overflow from our hospitals.  Because scientists are all liars who developed the virus so they could make money on the vaccine.  Way easier grift than an insurance agent.  Those guys, in between rounds of golf, work hard   

• Plus1 3

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Waiting for the "Chair of the GOP in Michigan isn't a leadership position" take.  

She also believes Ariana Grande, Cardi B, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Billie Eilis and on and on are Satanists.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kristina-karamo-cardi-b-billie-eilish-satan-republican-candidate-michigan-secretary-of-state-1342804/amp/

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

On 2/18/2023 at 5:59 AM, BigRedBuster said:

So does anyone remember 2016?  The GOP Presidential Debate, when there were still loads of candidates? The debate was on Fox and Megyn Kelly and Brett Baier were the moderators. Donald Trump had gained the lead and everyone was gunning for him. Rupert Murdoch did not want Trump and Fox attempted to flush him out with a loyalty oath. When each candidate was asked point blank if they would support the eventual Republican nominee, Donald Trump was the only one who said no. He didn't know who that person was or what the circumstances might be. Why should he?

It's one of the few times I agreed with Trump. And instead of flushing out Trump as carpetbagging Republican, Fox only solidified his reputation as a self-contained s#!t-disturber. His tribe loved it. Trump made everyone bend towards him, then launched his own loyalty rewards program. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, commando said:

Geez, I wonder if this is colored by Marjorie going through her own divorce. 

Turns our her husband filed for divorce 10 years ago when he found out Marge was having affairs with two guys at her Crossfit gym, but they reconciled for the kids. 

I don't know what she'd do to the size of the federal government , but everything about her inspires shrinkage. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

MTG should be expelled from Congress for that comment IMO.  

On a different note.  I would love to see politicians from both sides advocate for a more decentralized Government from DC.   Not all of these Gov departments need to be located in DC given our technological advances.   Get more of the Government agencies out to a wider swath of the people.  Break up the DC stranglehold on the political structure. 

• Plus1 2