What is the future of the Republican Party?

Except the most dependable voters historically are Baby Boomers (most of which are already retired themselves) who don't much care if those behind them have to work harder, longer to have less.  

This needs to be a message for younger voters and for GenX and etc. hears over and over and over.

Orban was a keynote speaker at CPAC, Bolsonaro is speaking there this year, Trump later today, if Putin wasn't tied up at the moment I'm sure he'd be a featured and honored guest too.  I mean we can all remember the raucous Putin chants from the right-wing in the recent past.

If anyone can watch this s#!t show and not come away convinced that the Republican Party's dream is an authoritarian dystopia then they're either willfully ignorant or lying.  There really is no other explanation.  Just admit it.  We all see it.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Waiting for an amendment for said death penalty to include firing squad, lynching, and/or stoning.

I also vaguely remember that when RVW was overturned that warnings about this type of nonsense was labeled "hyperbole" 

Has it passed?  Haven’t heard that yet:dunno

Some may not understand that many stupid bills get presented that also has no chance.  

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Some may not understand that many stupid bills get presented that also has no chance.  

Those bills are proposed knowing they won't pass in order to court certain voters.

It's quite telling of the conservative cause that these bills will get proposed and the people in Congress proposing them won't get punished for doing so by Conservative voters.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Except the most dependable voters historically are Baby Boomers (most of which are already retired themselves) who don't much care if those behind them have to work harder, longer to have less.  

This needs to be a message for younger voters and for GenX and etc. hears over and over and over.

I don’t disagree but there are still 8-9 years worth of Boomers, myself included, under age 67. I will definitely vote against anyone/anything that even hints at raising my full retirement age higher than 67. I’ve already paid in WAY more $$ than I’ll ever get back.

But you are correct, if I was already drawing SS I’d prob be voting differently.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Did I say it passed?  I didn't see where I said it did? :dunno

Of course seeing where I said "waiting for the amendment" might clue you in. :dunno

Some people may not understand that this type of performative bulls#!t is really a window into the mindset of the person proposing the bill. :dunno

The crazies were once political outliers.  Now they're mainstream within the Republican Party.  :dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Did I say it passed?  I didn't see where I said it did? :dunno

Of course seeing where I said "waiting for the amendment" might clue you in. :dunno

Some people may not understand that this type of performative bulls#!t is really a window into the mindset of the person proposing the bill. :dunno

The crazies were once political outliers.  Now they're mainstream within the Republican Party.  :dunno

Some people rage farm about bills that will never pass:dunno

• Thanks 1