What is the future of the Republican Party?

30 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

If raising the retirement age is a serious consideration than they should be seriously considering going to a 4 day work week.

26 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I just watched a news segment on some companies here in the US that have not only adopted the 4 day work week but have reported shockingly enough higher employee happiness/work life balance as a result along with increased productivity.  

Are you saying the Government should go to a 4 day work week?  Fine...if they think that will work for them. 

Or...are you saying the government should force everyone to go to a 4 day work week?  Which, I would say...no.  Right now, any company that wants to go to a 4 day work week, they can.  Go for it.  Hope it works for them.  Others, it might not.  If the 4 day work week companies start getting all the good employees, then that forces the others to figure it out.  But...the government shouldn't be forcing it on private companies.  

• TBH 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Are you saying the Government should go to a 4 day work week?  Fine...if they think that will work for them. 

Or...are you saying the government should force everyone to go to a 4 day work week?  Which, I would say...no.  Right now, any company that wants to go to a 4 day work week, they can.  Go for it.  Hope it works for them.  Others, it might not.  If the 4 day work week companies start getting all the good employees, then that forces the others to figure it out.  But...the government shouldn't be forcing it on private companies.  

Nor should it force it on private companies. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound  Amazing how that works.  If you're stupid enough to believe a horse medicine is going to save you from something it's not even designed for, and you're an idiot enough to be promoting it to others..... then you deserve what  you get.  

ANYbody who listens to a "heavy machine operator" for medical advice deserves anything that happens to them.

The fact that people are propping up totally unqualified clowns as experts in things other than their area of practice is just incredible to me.  But we are trying to hang Fauci??

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

I've always wondered if this remains as popular long term.

Most of our production runs 24/7.  So, we have continental shifts that are 12 hour shifts.  One week they work three days, the next they work four.  So, over a 14 day period, they only work 7 days.  Every two weeks, they get 8 hours of overtime.  If I were an hourly employee, I would love that.  Some people use it to help watch kids at home.  Some actually even have a second job.  Some are small time contractors on the side to make more money.  But....there are some that absolutely hate it.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

ANYbody who listens to a "heavy machine operator" for medical advice deserves anything that happens to them.

The fact that people are propping up totally unqualified clowns as experts in things other than their area of practice is just incredible to me.  But we are trying to hang Fauci??

It's the stupidest thing in the world.  My Dad, who is elderly and MAGA through and through....has, over the last 10 years decided that Dr's are all horrible and dumb and he knows so much more than them.  So, he spends his time ordering every stupid supplement pill he sees an advertisement for.  He has boxes and boxes of the crap and hardly ever takes it. It gets so damn old.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Most of our production runs 24/7.  So, we have continental shifts that are 12 hour shifts.  One week they work three days, the next they work four.  So, over a 14 day period, they only work 7 days.  Every two weeks, they get 8 hours of overtime.  If I were an hourly employee, I would love that.  Some people use it to help watch kids at home.  Some actually even have a second job.  Some are small time contractors on the side to make more money.  But....there are some that absolutely hate it.  

Another common practice in Industry, and Nursing! I think this is a good compromise. Obviously some people hate it, but manufacturing is most definitely not for everyone, especially high volume high demand manufacturing.

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's the stupidest thing in the world.  My Dad, who is elderly and MAGA through and through....has, over the last 10 years decided that Dr's are all horrible and dumb and he knows so much more than them.  So, he spends his time ordering every stupid supplement pill he sees an advertisement for.  He has boxes and boxes of the crap and hardly ever takes it. It gets so damn old.

Alex Jones is no dummy selling those "remedies" to his audiences.

And I'm sorry.  I have a MAGA dad as well but he's not savvy enough to take action and order anything, and my mom keeps him pretty in line with the medical stuff, as she's prone to lung issues, so he's pretty respectful of her health.  Though he did get it in his head that his CPAP made him have a long lived cold (not the fact that he's now almost 80 and just because you didn't used to get sick now when you do you don't bounce back as quickly).

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My father in law did that for GM for a few years and he absolutely hated it.  Said the constant change from nights to days wreaked havic on his body. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure a 4 day work week is a good idea. But government has previously forced private companies to have a 5 day work week. It's the reason we have a weekend, so it's not unheard of for that kind of government action. (The government wasn't the only reason for that but did make 44 hour and then 40 hour weeks into law.)

• TBH 1