What is the future of the Republican Party?

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

While I applaud the person in the video clip for putting forth a bill instead of just grandstanding like others do, what is his bill actually doing to do to stop this particular act of violence?  We already have ATF.  Id like for him to explain exactly what this new agency will be doing to prevent gun violence vs other possible solutions that people have proposed.

Im not to keen on spending tons more money to create another government agency that doesn’t actually stop what’s happening and just investigated what already happened.     Just to say “we did something”. 

Are you talking about the ATF that elected officials from your party are preventing from doing their job?

I believe, unless someone can correct me, his agency would study our gun violence problems and hopefully help come up with a solution.  This is something the NRA has lobbied heavily against and Republicans have fought their fight for them to defund.

It's absolutely asinine that we have a country that has such a high gun violence problem....but members of our government don't want to fund research  as to why it's happening.

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you talking about the ATF that elected officials from your party are preventing from doing their job?

I’m talking about the bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosive's if that clears it up for you.  

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe, unless someone can correct me, his agency would study our gun violence problems and hopefully help come up with a solution.  This is something the NRA has lobbied heavily against and Republicans have fought their fight for them to defund.

It's absolutely asinine that we have a country that has such a high gun violence problem....but members of our government don't want to fund research  as to why it's happening.

I have no problem with the government funding this research.   We fund almost every other type of research so why not imo.  Just be aware that research in an of itself doesn’t solve anything.  

BTW…I believe Trump signed a spending bill allowing the CDC to research gun violence.   Isn’t this what you are asking for?  If so, why do we need another agency to do this same thing?  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Would that photo make a reasonable person more or less prone to believe that he is heartbroken and devastated by these events?

A reasonable person wouldn’t think the photo has anything to do with how the people in it feel about kids and adults losing their lives to a horrific individual. 

• TBH 2
8 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Would that photo make a reasonable person more or less prone to believe that he is heartbroken and devastated by these events?

i see a family that doesn't have any idea how to express gods love.    they appear to have more in common with the taliban and how they show their gods love than the teachings of christ that i recall.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A reasonable person wouldn’t think the photo has anything to do with how the people in it feel about kids and adults losing their lives to a horrific individual. 

A reasonable person would see a representative who does nothing to address the issue of mass slaughter by assault rifles other than throw up ineffective Ts & Ps but instead passively aggressively offers  Christmas greetings while cosplaying as an American hero to own the libs for the sole purpose of courting his base as a hyprocrit beyond the pale.  But it's not surprising that you can't see the connection.  

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A reasonable person would realize that the picture is idiotic and does nothing to promote safe and responsible gun ownership.  Instead, it promotes a gun culture that has lead to the US owning more guns per capita than any other developed country...by far....and the most gun violence.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A reasonable person would realize that the picture is idiotic and does nothing to promote safe and responsible gun ownership.  Instead, it promotes a gun culture that has lead to the US owning more guns per capita than any other developed country...by far....and the most gun violence.

Yet that has nothing to do with the question posed to me:dunno

fwiw…I also had already posted a he picture was ill advised.   

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

A reasonable person would see a representative who does nothing to address the issue of mass slaughter by assault rifles other than throw up ineffective Ts & Ps but instead passively aggressively offers  Christmas greetings while cosplaying as an American hero to own the libs for the sole purpose of courting his base as a hyprocrit beyond the pale.  But it's not surprising that you can't see the connection.  

Cool story, but it has nothing to do with the question posed to me that I answered :thumbs

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

isn't it the definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results this time?   obviously his prayers are not working

There was a Twitter feed which showed the exact same copied and pasted T's & P's message from Ted Cruz after a number of recent shootings.  It's basically his only response, which is done by a staffer handling his Twitter account.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yet that has nothing to do with the question posed to me:dunno

fwiw…I also had already posted a he picture was ill advised.   

I believe that with all the mass shootings/school shootings we have had in the last 10 years, any politician that has the ability to write and/or vote for legislation that could help the situation.....but doesn't.....then puts out a Christmas picture like that....clearly doesn't have too much sorrow over kids getting killed in schools.

• TBH 2