What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Very good article. Thanks for sharing Knapp.  In Germany there was the 'confessing church' that stood against Hitler and the public 'official' church that wanted security and power by compromising their Biblical convictions and supported Hitler or at a minimum ignored and remain silent at his actions.   It is ironic that Eric Metaxas, who wrote a very popular biography on Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a leader in the confessing church who died at the hands of Hitler's henchmen, is now not recognizing, himself, that a segment of the church is falling to the same deception the official German church fell for under Hitler - and he is now a part of that idolizing group.

The song at the end of the article reminds us there is only one King of Kings and it is not Trump.  Trump isn't worthy of anyone's allegiance.  He has become an idol of the worst kind.

I wanted to add this link as it relates.  It is a declaration from the Confessing Church in opposition to the German National church.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/barmen.htm

Here is a collection of memes a former FB friend of mine has posted in the last 3 days. We have to figure out a way to not let this country go in a direction that someone like this wants it to go in. Stupid people are allowed to vote, we have to make sure smart people outnumber them.

131144582_10218931030051122_506212820343

118786559_172537224476159_47456226415649

53081051_391619134983450_727946437119180

124618057_10224601651614253_307829584481

39441686_2111966558877794_67053717865459

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

yes...i know that.  but moraines friend was trying to make a point that biden = hitler because of the times honor.   i think a reminder that trump was honored in the same way might possibly get through to her.  i know it's probably a longshot but it's worth a shot.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, commando said:

Moraine   remind your friend that if they want to make that comparison.....adolph was time man of the year in 1938.  trump was man of the year in 2016.   

This person is in her 70s now. There's no point, it would go over her head. I'm not FB friends with her anymore. I went to the page because knapp had made the post about Christians and she's (supposedly) Christian and knew I'd find this garbage. I don't even know if it's possible but we have to figure out how to have better informed stupid people. In the 90s when you basically had 3 news stations, stupid people were less dangerous.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

yes...i know that.  but moraines friend was trying to make a point that biden = hitler because of the times honor.   i think a reminder that trump was honored in the same way might possibly get through to her.  i know it's probably a longshot but it's worth a shot.

Ah, I see that now.

Well, enough Hitler/Trump comparisons are made virtually daily, that if she doesn't see the irony now, I doubt she will, even with a prompt from Moiraine.

34 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/14/politics/read-paul-mitchell-republican-party-letter/index.html

One Republican with principles deciding he doesn't want to hang with the Q-publicans. He's moving out of the crack house.  I'm wondering how long others can take the internal moral pressure their conscience must be dealing with.

Well, he only has a few weeks left in his term before he retires.  But it is good that he spoke out.

• Plus1 2