What is the future of the Republican Party?

10 hours ago, sho said:

It'll help with the core Rs, but it'll push more independents to the left if he wins the nomination.

I was mostly being sarcastic, but yes. Trumps coalition involves motivating his base to vote in such overwhelming numbers that - combined with large systemic advantages Rs enjoy in elections - propels him to victory.

These charges depress further what few swing voters are out there. The truth is, though, an election rematch between Trump-Biden would again be extremely close, decided by 4 swing states all of which likely to be within 1-2%. This is because the Trump base is going to vote no matter what, and that base is distributed in swing states that decide elections.

24 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wow....

You're tweet is tagged with a comment that says this was 2018, and in Maine (the trees definitely don't look like Florida conifers). It's also perfectly legal for BP to operate within 100 miles of the border if I'm not mistaken. They are camped out on I-75 down river from Detroit all the time.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah I see that now.  With all of the things going on in Comrade DeDerpis’s Florida though I’m not sure something like this would surprise anyone.  

I mean... They're federal agents, so Ron doesn't have any authority over them.

What they were doing in Maine is perfectly legal as far as I'm aware, but I don't think they have the ability to make you answer, or detain you without reasonable suspicion you're immigration status isn't legal. It's basically like a DUI checkpoint but for immigration.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean... They're federal agents so Ron doesn't have any authority over them.

What they were doing in Maine is perfectly legal as far as I'm aware, but I don't think they have the ability to make you answer or detain you without reasonable suspicion you're immigration status is legal. It's basically like a DUI checkpoint but for immigration.

Right I get that.  I'm simply saying since the guy is trying to go back in time to 1930's Germany practically with his own set of 'policies' if something similar were to happen no one would be shocked.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Right I get that.  I'm simply saying since the guy is trying to go back in time to 1930's Germany practically with his own set of 'policies' if something similar were to happen no one would be shocked.

Ok... But it didn't... and this was rage click bait meant to fire up people who oppose the GOP using false info.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Ok... But it didn't... and this was rage click bait meant to fire up people who oppose the GOP using false info.

LOL.  False info regarding the GOP.  Fortunately for 'Merica there's plenty of actual and very much true garbage that they're producing so one story I don't think is going to tarnish that wonderful image too much. 

Besides for DeDerpis's Florida it's not that far off.