What is the future of the Republican Party?

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A LOT of these people want trump back.

One thing I'm curious about... do you think a lot of these people legitimately want Trump back, or is it more that they don't yet know the political ramifications of supporting or ostracizing him?

Maybe it's a combination of both. I just get the innate feeling that if they could ostracize Trump then many of them would, but they're afraid of rocking the boat and/or fracturing support from Trump's base, so they're just kind of maintaining a complicit facade.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

One thing I'm curious about... do you think a lot of these people legitimately want Trump back, or is it more that they don't yet know the political ramifications of supporting or ostracizing him?

Maybe it's a combination of both. I just get the innate feeling that if they could ostracize Trump then many of them would, but they're afraid of rocking the boat and/or fracturing support from Trump's base, so they're just kind of maintaining a complicit facade.

They legit want trump back. He has ardent supporters at all levels of government. He says out loud the things they've thought for years. 

• Plus1 1

This is hysterical.

Omaha-area Republicans fall short in effort to censure Sasse

The county GOP fell three people short of the quorum needed to vote on the resolution. Party organizers then made a last-ditch effort to add people to the central committee from the crowd to replace those who left. But each time they added someone to the central committee, the number needed for quorum climbed.

I know a reporter who was covering this. They said at one point, some woman there whipped out a $100 bill and was like "OK who do I have to pay here right now to make this vote happen" and people had to be like "uh... it doesn't work that way."

I respect the Republicans that got up and WALKED OUT of the meeting to intentionally submarine this whole asinine censure business.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya I find all the censure votes pretty stupid.  If they don’t like what he did, isn’t that what primaries are for? 

100% agree. That's where my mind is at, particularly since censures don't really do anything. It's just a formal way of rebuking a public official, but outside of potentially altering public opinion, don't think it means much.

55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya I find all the censure votes pretty stupid.  If they don’t like what he did, isn’t that what primaries are for? 

46 minutes ago, Enhance said:

100% agree. That's where my mind is at, particularly since censures don't really do anything. It's just a formal way of rebuking a public official, but outside of potentially altering public opinion, don't think it means much.

Agree.  And, why it's even more stupid for the Republican party for doing it.  If it really doesn't do anything, why create what appears to the majority of Americans as an idiotic move?  It's clear they have no desire to appeal to anyone other than staunch Trump supports.

• Plus1 1