What is the future of the Republican Party?

58 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Virtually everyone center/right agrees. But, some folks portray her as some sort of poster child for what the entire party looks like.

You're right, the entire party isn't like her.  However, obviously a majority of her constituents like her.  Also, a vast majority of Republicans nation wide love a guy who was President for 4 years that is a lot like her.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're right, the entire party isn't like her.  However, obviously a majority of her constituents like her.  Also, a vast majority of Republicans nation wide love a guy who was President for 4 years that is a lot like her.

I see your point, but as I have posted before, she got 225k votes from a small district in Georgia. It boggles the mind how she has somehow transferred that to any real position of power.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

It boggles the mind how she has somehow transferred that to any real position of power.

Well, as I stated earlier in a post, sadly for he constituents, she hasn't.  She won't have anyone want to work with her on any real issues.  The only thing she has accomplished is becoming a loud mouthed idiot.  Unfortunately, for Republicans, in politics that translates to being a representative for the party to the nation.

^I'm shocked and then not shocked when I see some of the literal trash that Republicans are now voting into office/service and not just some of these freshman gem of a person incumbents either.  My gut says some of these idiots who have no business being in office in the first place are one and done's but then again 'Merica.  They'll probably be back...

Republicans on a roll now when trying to help Americans especially when it comes to the ever important right of voting...  Ain't hard to spot the suckas right now I can tell you that much. This is what you do when you can't/don't win.  SEE GEORGIA...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

If only the right wing would defend the right to vote as fiercely and ferociously as they defend the 2nd amendment. Any obstacle in obtaining guns is bad, any obstacle in voting is good and should be accepted. Of course, that's the nature of the right wing. The only good policy is the policy that directly benefits "me."

• Plus1 3

the current republican party believes in tabloid journalism, conspiracy theories, and brazen criminals at the top of the party grifting from the flock of sheep that follow those "leaders".  hopefully someday, some way, some how, it can return to normal.   but for now i think they are the party that needs to burn in a dumpster fire. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.axios.com/matt-gaetz-sexual-misconduct-investigation-2755fd4f-f72e-4283-b8ac-9233c952b914.html?utm_campaign=organic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), one of the nation's rising-star conservative firebrands, told Axios he is under federal investigation for sexual activity with women, and fears being criminally charged.

What he's saying: "The allegations against me are as searing as they are false," Gaetz said in a 13-minute phone interview with Axios. "I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy."

• Axios reported earlier Tuesday that Gaetz has privately told confidants he's seriously considering not seeking re-election, and possibly leaving Congress early for a job at Newsmax.

The big picture: Gaetz, 38, said the specifics of the allegations are "unclear," and he said he's been told "very little." But the New York Times reported late Tuesday afternoon that the Justice Department is investigating Gaetz "over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him."

• "The allegations of sexual misconduct against me are false," Gaetz told Axios. "They are rooted in an extortion effort against my family for $25 million … in exchange for making this case go away."

Of note: He later said in a statement released Tuesday night that he and his family had over the past several weeks "been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name."

• "We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI’s direction to catch these criminals," he added.
"The planted leak to the New York Times tonight was intended to thwart that investigation. No part of the allegations against me are true, and the people pushing these lies are targets of the ongoing extortion investigation. I demand the DOJ immediately release the tapes, made at their direction, which implicate their former colleague in crimes against me based on false allegations."

For the record: Gaetz sent Axios screenshots of text messages, emails and documents outlining the alleged extortion scheme, which he claimed was being run by a former DOJ employee.

• The Justice Department declined to comment.
  • Sounding shaken, Gaetz told Axios that for weeks, he and his father been working with the FBI in the Northern District of Florida on the extortion case. Gaetz said his lawyers were informed by the Justice Department that, "I was not a target but a subject of an investigation regarding sexual conduct with women." 
  • Asked what the charges could relate to, Gaetz said: "I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated. You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."
  • Gaetz said he was "absolutely" confident none of the women were underage.

•  

• Plus1 1