What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because MTG is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and Liz is in party leadership at the moment.   I understand why people keep trying to make MTG a thing, but it just makes them look further clownish. 

Liz won’t win re-election which is why she is floating a Pres bid that she won’t go through with.  Just trying to create a bigger post political platform for herself 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Because MTG is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and Liz is in party leadership at the moment.   I understand why people keep trying to make MTG a thing, but it just makes them look further clownish. 

Liz won’t win re-election which is why she is floating a Pres bid that she won’t go through with.  Just trying to create a bigger post political platform for herself 

Interesting since leadership in the Republican party condemns Liz but says nothing about Greene.  Pretty easy to see who they support.  Watch and see how her and Gaetz' love Trump tour goes and you will see who the stars are of the party.  Meanwhile, LIz is condemned and might not win reelection.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting since leadership in the Republican party condemns Liz but says nothing about Greene.  Pretty easy to see who they support.  Watch and see how her and Gaetz' love Trump tour goes and you will see who the stars are of the party.  Meanwhile, LIz is condemned and might not win reelection.

She won’t win re-election.   

Watch and see how MTG does not progress up the Republican food chain.  Maybe then you will understand. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Watch and see how MTG does not progress up the Republican food chain.  Maybe then you will understand. 

She isn't because of the pushback from Democrats in congress.  But....again....where's the condemnation when they are more than willing to do it to someone like Liz who is a true conservative but has the audacity to criticize Trump.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If Republican VOTERS could choose the leadership of the party, do you think they would choose MTG to represent them?

My guess is they would absolutely vote for her. Republican voters love her and what she stands for. That is what he most likely means when he says future of the party. More people like her will be voted into office, and less people like Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney. It does not matter one iota who politicians think are the future and who they choose as leadership. Its the voters that decide and they have spoken with their donations going toward people like MTG and Lauren Brobert.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

If Republican VOTERS could choose the leadership of the party, do you think they would choose MTG to represent them?

My guess is they would absolutely vote for her. Republican voters love her and what she stands for. That is what he most likely means when he says future of the party. More people like her will be voted into office, and less people like Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney. It does not matter one iota who politicians think are the future and who they choose as leadership. Its the voters that decide and they have spoken with their donations going toward people like MTG and Lauren Brobert.

Exactly.  I've never said she was leadership in the party.  But, people like her, Boebert, Hawley and Trump are not criticized while people like Amash, Liz, Romney and McCain are demonized and ushered out.

It's pretty clear what direction the voters are taking the party and what they want to see.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's pretty clear what direction the voters are taking the party and what they want to see.

Again, I am more and more convinced that their was a philosophical flip of the parties starting slowly in the later 1970s but picking up steam in the 1990s and climaxing with Trump - We got the old Jim Crow southern Democratic party now cloaked as the GOP and the Dem Party, once known as a racist party, now being the champion of race. 

The Rep Party has a mix of conservatives & moderates who want nothing to do wt racism but they aren't the ones controlling the party.  As you note, those voters are leading the politicians who seek power and those voters like MTG, Trump and others like them.  Why else would a nobody, 1st term congressional rep have the power and name recognition that she does?  MTG has read the tea leaves of the voters and she modeled her message around the desires of the voters.  She is a reflection of them and not the other way around.

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Absolutely not.  Her never having a chance at National office will eventually be proof of me being correct 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly.  I've never said she was leadership in the party.  But, people like her, Boebert, Hawley and Trump are not criticized while people like Amash, Liz, Romney and McCain are demonized and ushered out.

Well I can’t wait to see her run for Senate or President then and easily win the nomination.  (Hint) she won’t and only idiots think she ever could have a chance. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Absolutely not.  Her never having a chance at National office will eventually be proof of me being correct 

Im not quite sure what is so hard to comprehend what BRB is saying. Lets put it another way, MTG ideology is the future of the party. There is that better?

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Im not quite sure what is so hard to comprehend what BRB is saying. Lets put it another way, MTG ideology is the future of the party. There is that better?

He's in denial.  I've called her a rising star which is what his hero called her.  I never said she'd run for senate or president but that doesn't mean her and her ilk aren't exactly what a significant percentage of the GQP want in office.  There's no platform.  Just own the libs, knob knob gobble gobble the ex-Pres. and you're in.

• Plus1 2