*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, hskrpwr13 said:

Probably already been said, but sadly this looks too similar to the Illinois game

Team looks unprepared, not executing enough, and Scott being outcoached again and poor game management. And unfortunately looks like were getting Adrian Hyde instead of Andrian Jekyll.  

Minnesota doing nothing special. Just not shooting self in foot.

Didn't Illinois have a long run on almost exactly that same stretch play that Minnesota ran on that last drive?

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

First Half Observations

• The swing pass to the halfback needs to be scrapped. I get what Nebraska is trying to do, but we just can't execute this play, and it is costing us drives. They would be much better off going back to using the Speed Option.
  • Smart use of our TE's in the 2nd quarter. Offset and using as a lead or kickout blocker really helped open up our running game. Makes you wonder if a lead blocker works so well, why not use a Fullback? :dunno
  • Martinez twice missed WIDE OPEN receivers on two deep balls. He clearly doesn't have his same deep ball accuaracy as he did his freshman year.
  • For Nebraska's defense, what happend to the creative blitzes on 3rd down that we used last week against Perdue?
  • Minnesota for their part is playing smart football. They are playing to their strength, and playing the field possesion game.
  • The targeting penalty in college football is garbage, and I'll say it...It's ruining the game. Make the rule a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty and move on with no player ejections.

Things I'd like to see in the 2nd Quarter

1. Build off those sets using the TE as a lead blocker. Establish the running game, sprinkle in some read-option and then hit them with play-action.
  2. Find a way to get pressure with the defense either with some stunts or mix up our zone blitz calls like we did against Perdue.
  3. Be willing to play a little more Man Defense even with Cam Taylor-Brit out of the game.

Good points.  I would like to see some more option with the QB and RBs as well as having the QBs roll out and have the chance to run or pass.  Anytime a mobile QB does that it opens up the number of opportunities to gain yards while the defense is scrambling to figure out what will happen with the play.  We have mobile QBs but we rarely run plays that get them on the move with a real option to pass down the field.  The few times we have tried it there were open guys and Martinez missed them, but those have been some of the best chances for big plays all game.

karen.thumb.jpg.94df07dea05462c2716cf254a193d140.jpg

And at least 5 people on this board agree...I rest my case, and to whoever thanked me, you are so very welcome sir

Just now, Lightfighter214 said:

This offense will be a mess until a qb can hit a sideline pass. 

Missed 2 this game, one before the half cost at least 3 points

Exactly

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, HIHusker said:

karen.thumb.jpg.94df07dea05462c2716cf254a193d140.jpg

And at least 5 people on this board agree...I rest my case, and to whoever thanked me, you are so very welcome sir

There's no eyeroll or downvote so I think we need some more data before forming a conclusion. Regardless of how polarizing I clearly am, nobody got banned for calling me a Karen. That's asinine. And again, are you XsurferX? Your name is... HAWAII Husker. Or is that just your best friend/wife/husband ?

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

For those following football, losing to Minnie in their condition, is a death blow to this program....No way they should even be within 2 scores if not for our coaching and bone headed plays....

I wouldn't go so far as to say death blow...but pretty damn close, definitely not a good place to be as a fan right now, not at all....

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

There's no eyeroll or downvote so I think we need some more data before forming a conclusion. Regardless of how polarizing I clearly am, nobody got banned for calling me a Karen. That's asinine. And again, are you XsurferX? Your name is... HAWAII Husker. Or is that just your best friend/wife/husband ?

You know exactly what happened, same MO for years, you start a fire on this thread and then throw the person on it who called you out for bringing your negative attitude in the first place, you have been doing it for years and now someone is calling you out...and just like a Nancy Pelosi you act all innocent and ignorant when your true nature is revealed....deal with it

• Plus1 2