*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Refs are a crapshoot...however, the bad calls were not the reason we lost. We had many opportunities to be up by at least two scores yet we did not excite. You simply can’t rely on the refs no calling bad calls. Come on, let us call a spade a spade...Minnie deserved to win. They played smart, committed May be three penalties and stayed with the run. On the other hand, our offense depended on swing passes and side throws that went nowhere. Frost is not a good coach. He might learn but that is going to take a decade. 

So your saying the hold call on Piper is just a crap shoot.  To just expect that every game????    

Again, the team sucks, but come on and get competent refs.    

• Plus1 1

Just now, knapplc said:

This will go down as yet another one-score loss for Frost, but it shouldn't. I know their RB wanted to burn clock so he took the slide, but he should have just ran it in and kicked the ball back to us.

Bleh. I hate this stat. Who cares how many close losses you have. Besides... How many of those did it actually feel like we had a legitimate shot at winning?

I agree with many of you the refs have sucked. But at the end of the day it’s an excuse. Winners don’t look for external reasons for losing. They analyze what they can control to improve. If I was the teams coach I would not want to hear about ref calls. If we were good enough, executed good enough we should have over come and won anyway. Especially against a bad team, missing 30 players to boot. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes.   Why are people clueless to the fact that refs can suck and affect the outcome of a game just like s#!tty play by our team can affect the outcome of a game too.  

Maybe, just maybe a semi disciplined(I'll say semi because that is the best one can ever hope from a SF team, penalty stat history his whole career will back that) with even an ounce of mental toughness(something that is usually instilled with an accountability culture in a staff's first year) can overcome and out play questionable to poor officiating.   But I'm sure those teams just don't exist.

But to whine about to the point of saying it cost a team the outcome of the game is the mentality of a desperate self loathing program.  As bad as this program sucks, I'd like to pretend the fanbase is above accepting that even when s#!t is being displayed on the field.   Whatever floats you and others boats I guess.  Someone will somehow take it to the moral victory level I'm sure as well