*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So your saying the hold call on Piper is just a crap shoot.  To just expect that every game????    

Again, the team sucks, but come on and get competent refs.    

I am saying that we still needed another score after that and Minnie went down the field by running it down our throats and killing the clock. So, while I never doubt that the refs are incompetent pieces of crap, that call is not what cost us the game. Our inability to take advantage of opportunities and stop opposing teams when it matters most is what keep costing us games. Not to mention our horrible unspecial teams and our undisciplined play that has become our signature

Just now, EngineeringHusker said:

Bleh. I hate this stat. Who cares how many close losses you have. Besides... How many of those did it actually feel like we had a legitimate shot at winning?

Teams that are on the verge of turning the corner turn those close losses into close wins.

Problem is, that stat just continues to grow, three years in. ALLEGEDLY it should mean that we're getting close. But as we can see, we're no closer to turning this around than we were the day after we fired Riley.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Maybe, just maybe a semi disciplined(I'll say semi because that is the best one can ever hope from a SF team, penalty stat history his whole career will back that) with even an ounce of mental toughness(something that is usually instilled with an accountability culture in a staff's first year) can overcome and out play questionable to poor officiating.   But I'm sure those teams just don't exist.

But to whine about to the point of saying it cost a team the outcome of the game is the mentality of a desperate self loathing program.  As bad as this program sucks, I'd like to pretend the fanbase is above accepting that even when s#!t is being displayed on the field.   Whatever floats you and others boats I guess.  Someone will somehow take it to the moral victory level I'm sure as well

Yet I never said it cost us the game.   It did AFFECT the game and that should not be happening at this level of football.  

maybe you missed the part where I said time after time that our QB’s suck, the coaches are clueless most of the time in game, and we are mistake prone.   None of that gives a pass for s#!t reffing.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Teams that are on the verge of turning the corner turn those close losses into close wins.

Problem is, that stat just continues to grow, three years in. ALLEGEDLY it should mean that we're getting close. But as we can see, we're no closer to turning this around than we were the day after we fired Riley.

Close losses are also an indicator of coaching and in-game coaching adjustments (or lack thereof).  Year 1 put it on the inexperience if players, year three it’s on the coaches. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Certainly not disagreeing. This stat gave me hope that first year. Just venting frustration...

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Totally agree. 1 year of this usually means the next year you turn the corner. But 3 years of these results make you wonder if this is what our staff is capable of 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Maybe, just maybe a semi disciplined(I'll say semi because that is the best one can ever hope from a SF team, penalty stat history his whole career will back that) with even an ounce of mental toughness(something that is usually instilled with an accountability culture in a staff's first year) can overcome and out play questionable to poor officiating.   But I'm sure those teams just don't exist.

But to whine about to the point of saying it cost a team the outcome of the game is the mentality of a desperate self loathing program.  As bad as this program sucks, I'd like to pretend the fanbase is above accepting that even when s#!t is being displayed on the field.   Whatever floats you and others boats I guess.  Someone will somehow take it to the moral victory level I'm sure as well

There's a huge disconnect between some people on this board.

People who complain about the refs are NOT blaming them for losses. There's maybe one or two people saying that. Most everyone else agrees we suck and we lost the game AND the refs also suck but did not cost us the game.

But there's this entire group of people here who ONLY hear every criticism of the refs as blaming them for losses.

It's pretty tiresome and can be solved by some basic reading.