*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

It’s the game plan.

Team gives up 7 yards a pop and first play into the wind.. pass. Why? 

Why throw the ball at the end of the 3rd quarter, which eventually ends in strip sack? 

I get the point of the calls, but he calls plays like he is coaching in a mid-major. 

If we could consistently throw the ball I probably wouldn’t care but we can’t. 

Additionally: Why are we not playing LM and AM together? Was the first drive of the season just a tease? 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Farms said:

I will ask this again.. Do we ever go 1's vs 1's or how do we practice.  Are we setting only setting our QB's up for success during practice?

There could be something there with how we practice.  I’m pretty sure in 2018 we didn’t have officials during practice and we had a huge penalty problem.  Eventually that got better, but it’s still not great. However it is, it’s not cutting it.  Anyone with practice insight?

9 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am saying that we still needed another score after that and Minnie went down the field by running it down our throats and killing the clock. So, while I never doubt that the refs are incompetent pieces of crap, that call is not what cost us the game. Our inability to take advantage of opportunities and stop opposing teams when it matters most is what keep costing us games. Not to mention our horrible unspecial teams and our undisciplined play that has become our signature

Correct, all of the above combined add up to another typical NU loss.  Combined with Frost and his band or morons can’t figure out how to change the flow of a game while actually in the game.  Once a game starts out s#!tty, well, that’s how it’s going to go I guess under this staff. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, The Duke said:

His post-game pressers are really cringy anymore. No coaching accountability at all.

Ya no kidding.  Basically saying “well we did everything we could as a coaching staff to get the kids ready to play.   The practices went great, they just didn’t do their job and execute”

• Plus1 1

Really don't know what the answer is for this team to turn around.  I'd like to see a top end HC come in and see what they can do but they won't fire SF and who would come?  If Meyer said no to TX no way in hell he'd come to NU.  I don't see this team turning the corner next season.  It's a big sh** sandwich that we are going to be forced to feast on for awhile.

And I'll put this out there too. We are not a great team that has been screwed out of wins by the refs. We are an average team at best. But average teams cannot overcome shotty reffing. You know what else turns close wins into close losses, well timed holding calls or no calls. We may very well be on the verge of turning a corner. Anyone watching cannot say there is much difference in level of play between Neb, NW, Minny, or Iowa. And the scores bare that out. In games between evenly matched average teams one sidded officiating can most certainly be the difference between a win and a loss. If we were the great team that I wish Nebraska was, should we be able to overcome one sidded officiating? Yes. But when you are an average team trying your darnest to just not beat yourselves, having to beat the refs too can screw with your mind and fortitude. 

How many times do you push for extra yards in a scrap risking injury when you know there is a 75% chance there is going to be a flag thrown on the play?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, The Duke said:

It pains me to no end to admit it, but Frost is not the answer folks.

After every loss he takes zero coaching accountability for the loss. All he has is the same old excuses, and now it just comes across as whinning, and that hurts the Nebraska brand.

The Nebraska brand is stuck in the 90's.

This is where we went wrong. We, as Nebraska, never moved on. We held onto those glory years as long as possible, and kept hope and thinking that one day those days would return. They never did, but we kept stubborn and kept the faith, and from that we kept pushing those glory days.

We never moved on, but football did. Now we are realizing how far we have fallen and have years to try and catch up. Nebraska isn't Nebraska of the 90s, it hasn't been since the 90's. College football is different, what made Nebraska great in the 90's and decades prior is in place in every program in the country. Just like how the spread offense came in and revolutionized college football, now it's everywhere.

It's time for tough love from this fanbase and not unconditional love. We keep showing up and keep supporting this team and program because it is what we do, it's what has made Nebraska special. Heck, Nebraska fans have been what has kept this program relevant for 20 years. But the program and team has not returned anything back to the fans. We continue to put these coaches and players on pedestals because they represent Nebraska, but what does that mean anymore? They lose, and lose, and lose, yet we still give that unconditional support and love. But where is their motivation to actually change? 

11 minutes ago, The Duke said:

It pains me to no end to admit it, but Frost is not the answer folks.

After every loss he takes zero coaching accountability for the loss. All he has is the same old excuses

au contraire.

Here's a new excuse. I've never heard this one, and I'm baffled why having MORE time to get your offense set is a detriment.

I am confused why we didn't run up tempo every single play. You'd think playing against a team that hadn't practiced in weeks, was short handed, you'd want to try and tire them out as much as possible. So run more up-tempo plays to get them fatigued. 

Instead it was Mills right into the heart of the line, Martinez overthrowing his receivers by 5 yards, or throwing those cringe worthy sideways passes to the sidelines that can either be a fumble or pick 6.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

au contraire.

Here's a new excuse. I've never heard this one, and I'm baffled why having MORE time to get your offense set is a detriment.

When you don’t want to take accountability, you look for every excuse possible.   Looks like he found a new one to talk about this week.   It’s what losers do 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

The Nebraska brand is stuck in the 90's.

This is where we went wrong. We, as Nebraska, never moved on. We held onto those glory years as long as possible, and kept hope and thinking that one day those days would return. They never did, but we kept stubborn and kept the faith, and from that we kept pushing those glory days.

We never moved on, but football did. Now we are realizing how far we have fallen and have years to try and catch up. Nebraska isn't Nebraska of the 90s, it hasn't been since the 90's. College football is different, what made Nebraska great in the 90's and decades prior is in place in every program in the country. Just like how the spread offense came in and revolutionized college football, now it's everywhere.

It's time for tough love from this fanbase and not unconditional love. We keep showing up and keep supporting this team and program because it is what we do, it's what has made Nebraska special. Heck, Nebraska fans have been what has kept this program relevant for 20 years. But the program and team has not returned anything back to the fans. We continue to put these coaches and players on pedestals because they represent Nebraska, but what does that mean anymore? They lose, and lose, and lose, yet we still give that unconditional support and love. But where is their motivation to actually change? 

That view doesn’t really matter with the team. I mean what does that even mean? Was Callahan stuck in the 90s? Pelini? Riley? Any of the players the last 15 years?  None of the above. Tell me how fans being proud of what we accomplished in the 90s directly impacts how we play on Saturday? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1