*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

That view doesn’t really matter with the team. I mean what does that even mean? Was Callahan stuck in the 90s? Pelini? Riley? Any of the players the last 15 years?  None of the above. Tell me how fans being proud of what we accomplished in the 90s directly impacts how we play on Saturday? 

That we as fans instantly prop these players and coaches up as some great icons because they wear the Nebraska N. What incentive does a player have to get any better when they are treated as kings in Lincoln just because they are a Nebraska player. I say this only because it's been years since I've seen any of these players take to heart a loss. They say the same things over and over in post game press conferences, say the same things over and over during off-season interviews and workouts. They go out on Saturdays, lose, and we as fans still praise them as something special and still buy into the 'rah-rah' rhetoric from their conferences.

Maybe enough trying to find some prophetic reason as to why Nebraska is currently at where they are at and just call it like it is. Nebraska sucks, this team is bad. This season needs to be over in a hurry so we can hope to God we are better next year. If I need to look to see how far this program as fallen, it's within my own words of admitting Nebraska sucks. I'd refuse to say such a thing and take it as blasphemy to say in years past, but it is what it is now. This program has a long way to go before it's even remotely competitive on a national level. 

Our expectations need to be 7 and 8 wins consistently for a few years before we even think of a 10 win season.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

That we as fans instantly prop these players and coaches up as some great icons because they wear the Nebraska N. What incentive does a player have to get any better when they are treated as kings in Lincoln just because they are a Nebraska player. I say this only because it's been years since I've seen any of these players take to heart a loss. They say the same things over and over in post game press conferences, say the same things over and over during off-season interviews and workouts. They go out on Saturdays, lose, and we as fans still praise them as something special and still buy into the 'rah-rah' rhetoric from their conferences.

I don’t think that is exclusive to Nebraska. Don’t you think kids who went to Alabama pre Saban were treated like kings due to the rich program history? Then Saban came in and was a great coach and set his standards and you see the results. It is just an excuse. It is on the coaching staffs making millions to have the team ready to play mentally and physically 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Jesus, what do you want themto be, bawling their eyes out?? You couldn't see the pain on CTBs face when he got ejected? These guys go to the locker room collect themselves, regain their composure and then come out and give answers to nonsense questions. Part of me wishes they never had players speak post game. All it does is give people something to bi#$h about.

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

Jesus, what do you want themto be, bawling their eyes out?? You couldn't see the pain on CTBs face when he got ejected? These guys go to the locker room collect themselves, regain their composure and then come out and give answers to nonsense questions. Part of me wishes they never had players speak post game. All it does is give people something to bi#$h about.

No, crying wouldn't do anything, actions speak louder then words. This program has been word driven for two decades now. Lots of talk and no action. I'm sure some defensive player may come out and be emotional in his post game press conference and give some bone chilling awesome statement of how it pains them this happened, but then don't let Minnesota just run it right down your throats on a must stop late 4th quarter drive. Do something about it. That's what I want to see. These players doing something about it. Refuse to get ran over by Minnesota like they have. Remember last year vs Minnesota? How they just lined up and ran it right at us and we seemed to not care? I thought that was the turning point, that the players were so embarrassed at how Minnesota just did whatever they wanted to with them, but what happened? This years Minnesota team practically did the same thing and did so without any practices beforehand and down 30 something players. On a must stop 4th quarter drive, we just let them run right into us.

I'm not even mad or surprised at this point.  When I heard they had 33 guys out I knew we would lose.  I think we are just stuck as a bottom tier program until Scott is gone, or starts getting rid of his staff.  I think he is surrounded by guys who don't know what is going on, or don't have the balls to tell Scott.

Scott can suck for 2 more years and he will still be here.  He is allowed to make excuses, blame the players, blame the officials, and blame the previous staff.

If they aren't holding him accountable now, what makes us think they will in the future.  Empty seats in a non-covid year and loss in revenue and donations will do the talking.  Unfortunatley that will take a while.

FROST HAS FAILED,

Next

Anyone else done with this offense and all the excuses?  i can give them some of a break due to Covid but for #$&@ sake, Minnesota was missing 33 players and still beat us :bang.  We are clearly turnover U on offense.  Between a center who still is off mark (saw 5 errant snaps, at least they were close enough for Adrien to grab) and McCafee who is quickly becoming the nation leader in interceptions with only a hand full of snaps played is embarrassing.  This offense makes the same mistakes over and over and expects different results???  insane.  

At least we only have 8 games this year (not counting the canceled Wisky game) so we can only be a 2-6 team (which we are).  Bring on the next team to turn a corner against NU.  NU is here to help!!!  we make everyone we play look like the 95 Huskers.

• Fire 1

The fact the everyone on this board can predict the BS that this team and Frost will feed us in pressers tells it all. Frost finds new excuses to deflect from the fact that he and his crew are clueless and outcoached in every game. They just collect millions and then come up with excuses that the opposing team is clapping, or media commercials are at fault or whatever other BS excuse. I would respect Frost more if he came out and admitted that he is way over his head and that he will look into the performance of all the coaches under his helm. In three years, what have been his contributions? We are still undisciplined, chaotic, turnover prone, horrible on third downs both on defense and offense and lack skill players. QBs performed better under Riley than under Frost. Why is that? Does Frost ask himself these questions before collecting his big fat check every month? I hope he is planning on donating something to charity because that would be the only good thing he does this year.