I have never felt worse about Nebraska football

Bear with me, second time poster here: Except for maybe Tech in '04, I have never felt more despair about Nebraska. I had to go play golf after the second quarter (as some of you suggested I do last time I posted on here) before I could write this thing. 

Last year, Moos gambled and extended Frost's contract. At the time, we had just announced the new facility and it seemed like the right thing to do. Now we are in year 3, with arguably the worst team Frost has put together. Where do I even begin... We have top 25, heck sometimes top 20 recruiting classes every year. Why does that not show up on the field? Also, is it just me or do our players seem really undisciplined? I encourage you to go back and watch Williams and Cam Taylor-Britt after plays. Always doing something "extracurricular." I watched Williams last week knock his helmet against a Purdue player, only to get penalized for an unsportsmanlike a couple plays later. What does Frost do? nothing. Do you think Saban would put up with that sh*t? Saban gets mad at his 3rd string o-lineman for making a false start when they are beating St. Mary's school for the blind 70-3. He has zero tolerance for stupid crap like that. He may have a cardiac arrest if he tried to coach our team with all of our crap. One thing we do well though. We are physical. Under Riley we wouldn't even hardly compete. But at least Riley was a .500 coach. Not sure if we are better or worse shape right now. I FEEL worse, but what the heck does that matter. 

Moving on, we do not have the money to do anything. We are stuck, whether we like it or not, with this product for at least another two years imo. Frost will not get fired after next year. This truly feels like an early death of the program. The worst is yet to come however. Rapid fire questions incoming: When Frost is fired, I actually don't know what will happen. Will anyone want the job? How bad is our program going to look when we fire our golden boy? What if we lose our sellout streak? How bad would our program look then? Unless a major scandal comes out, I don't think things could look much worse for our program. 

I need to play more golf. I got some used AP1 irons as an early Christmas present, and man they feel good. Ya'll should give me more advice.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, biggiecheese said:

Bear with me, second time poster here: Except for maybe Tech in '04, I have never felt more despair about Nebraska. I had to go play golf after the second quarter (as some of you suggested I do last time I posted on here) before I could write this thing. 

Last year, Moos gambled and extended Frost's contract. At the time, we had just announced the new facility and it seemed like the right thing to do. Now we are in year 3, with arguably the worst team Frost has put together. Where do I even begin... We have top 25, heck sometimes top 20 recruiting classes every year. Why does that not show up on the field? Also, is it just me or do our players seem really undisciplined? I encourage you to go back and watch Williams and Cam Taylor-Britt after plays. Always doing something "extracurricular." I watched Williams last week knock his helmet against a Purdue player, only to get penalized for an unsportsmanlike a couple plays later. What does Frost do? nothing. Do you think Saban would put up with that sh*t? Saban gets mad at his 3rd string o-lineman for making a false start when they are beating St. Mary's school for the blind 70-3. He has zero tolerance for stupid crap like that. He may have a cardiac arrest if he tried to coach our team with all of our crap. One thing we do well though. We are physical. Under Riley we wouldn't even hardly compete. But at least Riley was a .500 coach. Not sure if we are better or worse shape right now. I FEEL worse, but what the heck does that matter. 

Moving on, we do not have the money to do anything. We are stuck, whether we like it or not, with this product for at least another two years imo. Frost will not get fired after next year. This truly feels like an early death of the program. The worst is yet to come however. Rapid fire questions incoming: When Frost is fired, I actually don't know what will happen. Will anyone want the job? How bad is our program going to look when we fire our golden boy? What if we lose our sellout streak? How bad would our program look then? Unless a major scandal comes out, I don't think things could look much worse for our program. 

I need to play more golf. I got some used AP1 irons as an early Christmas present, and man they feel good. Ya'll should give me more advice.  

I completely get your despair. 

Question....

No way Frost is fired ! At least for 2  more years. So yes, we may be stuck.

We WILL lose sell out streak next season unless we win at least 2 of first 3 games.

It will not be a bad look if we fired Frost after year 5. 

* what I find very interesting is that I have a bit of inside stuff (nothing special), but to a man, the 5th year seniors will say they guarantee SF will turn this around.  They say it is soo much better as far as culture and it is only a matter of time.

Problem is....time is ticking. 

• Plus1 1

And to throw more misery, I think that fit we threw in August- October about not playing was karma coming to get us. It was a smoke in mirrors attempt that felt like the ultimate rally cry for unification. It was a fairy tale storyline about righting hardship and injustice, but in reality we were probably going to play anyway and all the grandstanding and confrontation was just a sad coverup for the fact that we’re not a good team and will likely never be good for a very long time. 

the thing about fairy tales is that in the end, the villain always loses.  

Next season will really be interesting.  I expect the student section will be pretty lame, why leave your parties and tailgates to see a bad game?

I think tailgating will stay about the same but Moos would be wise to try (if he can) to get early kickoff times, the old timers will start. skipping night games, a. lot of them already do especially if they are back to back.

I think we already know that the product on the field next year will look about the same, now what will the turn out in the stadium and the lots and the bars look like?

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And to throw more misery, I think that fit we threw in August- October about not playing was karma coming to get us.

Getting Dragged by Illinois and Minnesota (down 30+ guys) on twitter, because they kicked our asses when we were begging for football back has me at wit's end. The OSUs, Wisc, Iowa's don't even bother with us anymore. We're just back here in the fetal position getting kicked by freaking Illinois and Minnesota. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And to throw more misery, I think that fit we threw in August- October about not playing was karma coming to get us. It was a smoke in mirrors attempt that felt like the ultimate rally cry for unification. It was a fairy tale storyline about righting hardship and injustice, but in reality we were probably going to play anyway and all the grandstanding and confrontation was just a sad coverup for the fact that we’re not a good team and will likely never be good for a very long time. 

the thing about fairy tales is that in the end, the villain always loses.  

The "fit" we threw was appropriate.  Ohio State recognized that too.  With other conferences playing it would have been disastrous long term, especially for recruiting, to not play.

And our young team needs game time experience so bad it isn't funny 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Getting Dragged by Illinois and Minnesota (down 30+ guys) on twitter, because they kicked our asses when we were begging for football back has me at wit's end. The OSUs, Wisc, Iowa's don't even bother with us anymore. We're just back here in the fetal position getting kicked by freaking Illinois and Minnesota. 

I hate getting made fun of like this. I hope the next head coach runs up the score against Minny and Illinois. Just a hope though. We are the worst team in the B1G. Maybe one of the worst in the country. This will unfortunately continue for years, with no end in sight

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, biggiecheese said:

You had me at AP1 irons...

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Well, Wisconsin blows as well.  They might be the worst team in the league at the moment.  They can't score on anyone.  

• Haha 1

I regards to the recruiting rankings, many of those kids are gone.  They were either run off or ran away on their own.  Frost talks about culture improvement.  It hasn't translated into what everybody cares about.  Wins.

Under Riley, we would hardly compete, eh?  Riley was 9-4 his second season.  Things were going the right way.  Then some boosters cut Riley's legs off and forced him to fire Banker while they hired Diaco.  Diaco.  The defensive coordinator that made Frost look competent last week.  People like to rip Riley because he didn't win right away and wasn't the name brand they wanted.  So we heard BS about weightlifting, etc to make excuses for the brand going the wrong way.  Today's reality is Urban isn't walking through that door.  Maybe some retread, but not a name brand who has recently been successful. 

Frost isn't getting fired.  He's owed too much money.  Period.  The issue down the road is who are we going to hire?  An up and coming coach who will leave once they've achieved some success?  Nebraska has some very big issues.  No in-state recruiting base to speak of.  No real recruiting base nearby.  Nice facilities but everybody has nice facilities these days.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

This program is in such a bad

place it’s hard to know where to begin.  Frost should be ashamed to accept his $5M comp for the terrible state of a program 3 years into his tenure.  No excuses.  If this happened in corporate America he would have been canned long ago.