I have never felt worse about Nebraska football

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What if the season had remained cancelled?

What if we never saw this 2-5 team, and only imagined the progress Frost would have made with his young players? 

It would have made 2021 even more depressing if we come out and get our a$$ beat and win 4 games.

At least now we know to expect more of the same.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It would have made 2021 even more depressing if we come out and get our a$$ beat and win 4 games.

At least now we know to expect more of the same.

That's what I'm thinking. 

I'm imagining that without football to watch in 2020, the speculation about Nebraska's desire to play, Frost's plans for a breakout Season Three, and a Big 10 revenge scenario would have made the long long off-season insufferable in a different way than what's in store.

There might be a case that a non-COVID season with a non-conference schedule would have played out slightly differently in Nebraska's favor. But let's face it: the Huskers were a lot healthier than a lot of teams, and avoided Cincinnati. Dominoes may have fallen differently in 2018 with the Akron cancellation, but I'm guessing we still end up in roughly the same place.

So rather than no season and nothing learned, will 2020 teach Frost what he needs to know to right the ship we thought was getting righted? 

Win, lose, or rout, I can't imagine learning anything useful from the Rutgers game. 

32 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That's what I'm thinking. 

I'm imagining that without football to watch in 2020, the speculation about Nebraska's desire to play, Frost's plans for a breakout Season Three, and a Big 10 revenge scenario would have made the long long off-season insufferable in a different way than what's in store.

There might be a case that a non-COVID season with a non-conference schedule would have played out slightly differently in Nebraska's favor. But let's face it: the Huskers were a lot healthier than a lot of teams, and avoided Cincinnati. Dominoes may have fallen differently in 2018 with the Akron cancellation, but I'm guessing we still end up in roughly the same place.

So rather than no season and nothing learned, will 2020 teach Frost what he needs to know to right the ship we thought was getting righted? 

Win, lose, or rout, I can't imagine learning anything useful from the Rutgers game. 

I don't remember the original schedule we had. But Cincinnati looks like that was a loss. If we played Wisconsin when we were supposed to they were pretty hot at the time. Thats an L. So thats 2-7. Rutgers we will find out this weekend. Central Michigan and South Dakota State I would hope would be a W, neither good enough to beat a solid P5 team. But based on how s#!tty this year has been in terms of not beating people we should and the fact we are not a solid P5 team. I am going to say Schiano works us this weekend. Central Michigan would have won a close one. South Dakota State- I have to go W there because they are not even FBS. So 3-9 or 4-8 at best if we beat CM

With this hypothetical are we saying no covid or playing a season while still with covid around? Either way you're most likely not losing several of the players the team lost and gaining valuable practice time before the season began. Wonder how hard it is to catch up to older players when just about every week was game week after an abbreviated fall camp.

So many intangibles we miss while b!^@hing about how poorly the season turned out.

14 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

The more I think about it, I truly do believe we are an offensive play caller away from winning the division, and a randy Gregory type from winning the league.

I agree with the sentiment that we're closer than we look, but a playcaller can't make you throw a swing pass forward or make a guy hit his block. I have plenty of armchair QB issues with our playcalling, but realistically no one has concerns about the playcalling if we make the plays that have been there for the taking. 

• Plus1 1