I have never felt worse about Nebraska football

22 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There is 1 offensive stat that matters. Points scored. Yards don’t win games. Statistics don’t win games. Points do. We suck and there are 104 teams better at scoring than we are 

Points scored matters. But it doesn't tell you all or even a significant part of the story. You could take our exact same offensive personnel this year, have them play a Sun Belt schedule, and probably finish around 20th in points scored. Would it be because we had the 20th-best offense in the country? No, of course not, it would be because we played a bunch of Sun Belt teams. 

If you would prefer get mad at binary end results with no context, be my guest. But college football is an incredibly complex sport played by over 100 teams in vastly different situations, so I think that is pretty dumb, my dude! 

18 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I can guarantee you Moos understands the quality of defenses we've played in four of our seven games!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

Points scored matters. But it doesn't tell you all or even a significant part of the story. You could take our exact same offensive personnel this year, have them play a Sun Belt schedule, and probably finish around 20th in points scored. Would it be because we had the 20th-best offense in the country? No, of course not, it would be because we played a bunch of Sun Belt teams. 

If you would prefer get mad at binary end results with no context, be my guest. But college football is an incredibly complex sport played by over 100 teams in vastly different situations, so I think that is pretty dumb, my dude! 

I can guarantee you Moos understands the quality of defenses we've played in four of our seven games!

You need to stop smoking the J-Magic. Points per game is as significant as it gets. If you choose to look for excuses to feel better go ahead and live in that world. Points=Wins. We are not a sun belt team. We are a P5 team and as such we are expected to perform against P5 competition. You seem to be missing the big picture- our offense is inept and cannot score points against anyone. You act like we are playing the 85 bears every week so we are justified. How about Illinois and Minnesota. 85th and 86th in the country in points allowed. We averaged against those 2 teams the same we did all our other games. We suck regardless of competition. 

Moos flat out said himself we do not score enough points. If you think it is acceptable to score 20 points a game because the Big ten defenses are tough we will never win more than 5 games a year. 

I am sorry I just do not understand the lengths some Husker fans go to justify a s#!tty, sloppy, undisciplined mess of a team we have. Defense did better than our offense but even they are not good enough. But I am not going to be as hard on them because they are progressing rather than regressing. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
On 12/12/2020 at 5:05 PM, biggiecheese said:

Bear with me, second time poster here: Except for maybe Tech in '04, I have never felt more despair about Nebraska. I had to go play golf after the second quarter (as some of you suggested I do last time I posted on here) before I could write this thing. 

Last year, Moos gambled and extended Frost's contract. At the time, we had just announced the new facility and it seemed like the right thing to do. Now we are in year 3, with arguably the worst team Frost has put together. Where do I even begin... We have top 25, heck sometimes top 20 recruiting classes every year. Why does that not show up on the field? Also, is it just me or do our players seem really undisciplined? I encourage you to go back and watch Williams and Cam Taylor-Britt after plays. Always doing something "extracurricular." I watched Williams last week knock his helmet against a Purdue player, only to get penalized for an unsportsmanlike a couple plays later. What does Frost do? nothing. Do you think Saban would put up with that sh*t? Saban gets mad at his 3rd string o-lineman for making a false start when they are beating St. Mary's school for the blind 70-3. He has zero tolerance for stupid crap like that. He may have a cardiac arrest if he tried to coach our team with all of our crap. One thing we do well though. We are physical. Under Riley we wouldn't even hardly compete. But at least Riley was a .500 coach. Not sure if we are better or worse shape right now. I FEEL worse, but what the heck does that matter. 

Moving on, we do not have the money to do anything. We are stuck, whether we like it or not, with this product for at least another two years imo. Frost will not get fired after next year. This truly feels like an early death of the program. The worst is yet to come however. Rapid fire questions incoming: When Frost is fired, I actually don't know what will happen. Will anyone want the job? How bad is our program going to look when we fire our golden boy? What if we lose our sellout streak? How bad would our program look then? Unless a major scandal comes out, I don't think things could look much worse for our program. 

I need to play more golf. I got some used AP1 irons as an early Christmas present, and man they feel good. Ya'll should give me more advice.  

You're forgetting one really Really, REALLY big day.. Maybe your not old enough to remember "The day TO retired"!!!

Offensively, I see young receivers getting better, one young QB who is getting better, but who we should have at slot or wing back.  I see a Jr. QB going sideways in the throwing game but running better than last year.  I see an O line struggling.  I see a tight end getting better.  I see game planning with an overall lack of respect for or understanding of a rushing attack.  I see very little effective play action pass.  I see too much zone dive, not enough QB under center (hey the Browns do it.)  

Defensively I see improvement on the D Line, in the OLBs , Bootle and CTB.  I see an occasional big break in coverage and playing a little late/ soft.  

The D is playing against 70+85 snaps a game and mostly keeping folks in the 20's not bad.  

• Fire 1
On 12/14/2020 at 2:43 PM, Husker in WI said:

I agree with the sentiment that we're closer than we look, but a playcaller can't make you throw a swing pass forward or make a guy hit his block. I have plenty of armchair QB issues with our playcalling, but realistically no one has concerns about the playcalling if we make the plays that have been there for the taking. 

Frost is a very solid as well as creative play caller.  He just needs the skill players to execute.   I agree we are a player or two away from being very good.

• Plus1 1